etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Enjoy The Simple Things In Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

It’s so easy to get caught up in the stress of life — especially in college. With endless readings, midterms approaching, having a social life, saving money, and still trying to get the most out of living in New York City, the stress can build quickly. It’s important to stop and smell the roses from time to time and to enjoy the simple things in life.

When I appreciate the simple things my mood is elevated and I feel more motivated to keep moving forward. When I can see the beauty in life I’m happier overall. I am so lucky to be living this life and it’s important to stop and recognize that.

Here are a few of my favorites simple pleasures!

• The way it smells after it rains

• When dogs smile

• The first sip of coffee in the morning

• Walking barefoot on a sandy beach

• Home cooked meals

• Sunsets

• When you get to see friends and family that you haven’t seen in a long time

• The New York City Skyline

• Brand new makeup

• Finishing a book

• Taking a bath

• Seeing a shooting star

• Getting a good grade

• When the person you want to talk to calls you first

• When lakes are still and look like glass

• When all the leaves change color in the fall

• Sipping lemonade in the summer

• The first snow of winter

• The first time you hear a chickadee chirp in the spring

We all have it pretty good, and you have to remember that there are people in this world who would do anything to have your problems. Don’t stress the small stuff and enjoy the simple things in life.

Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com  
Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli