This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

In celebration of spring, I thought it would be fun to put together a playlist of lighthearted favorites among my roommates and I. Everything here is reflective of our individual tastes and I love that when they all come together, it creates a unique, lively sound perfect for my favorite season. Give it a listen and soon you’ll be in a world of butterflies, pink lemonade, and milky twilights.

Pictures of Girls by Wallows

Their debut EP, Spring is what inspired this article and they’re releasing an album March 22nd!

1950 by King Princess  

This tune was definitely a crowd favorite at her Irving Plaza concert.

Love My Way by The Psychedelic Furs

As a room, we haven’t stopped dancing to this since February 2018.

Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer

Hearing this while eating brunch in Soho created such a perfect mood I had to include it.

You Are In Love by Taylor Swift

A go-to anytime you feel especially romantic.

Butterflies by Kacey Musgraves

Kacey won me over when she opened for Harry Styles at Madison Square Garden.

Malibu by Miley Cyrus  

Bringing this back from 2017 because it deserves a revival.

Sweet Creature by Harry Styles   

A beautiful little song to put you in a sweet mood.

Island In The Sun by Weezer  

This wouldn’t be a breezy springtime playlist if I didn’t include this classic.

Lights On by Shawn Mendes

A favorite of mine that still stands. Plus, were all really into Shawn right now.

Paris by The 1975  

The live acoustic version they released in December brings a new, lighter tone to the song.

On The Loose by Niall Horan

Niall himself is so radiant that it shows through all of his songs.  

Girls Like Girls by Hayley Kiyoko

The setting of this video will take you right into a summer romance.

Pink Lemonade by James Bay

The release of this single got all of us onboard to see James in concert this year.

My Obsession by Pale Waves  

I got really into this band in August because of their indie pop sound.

Cigarette Daydreams by Cage The Elephant

If this isn’t already one of your favorite songs, it will be now.

Olivia by One Direction

“The summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation” make it an obvious choice

Studying Fashion Marketing and Digital Journalism at Marymount Manhattan College in NYC in hopes of one day becoming a big time magazine editor.
Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com