Style

The Gift That Keeps On Giving: A Holiday Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

The holidays are filled with shopping to find the perfect gifts for the people in your life, but what if your gift could also help someone else? I love shopping in general, but I love it the most when I know that my purchases are helping the greater good. I decided to put together a gift guide of some items that would make great gifts this holiday season, while also giving back to others.

Marina De Buchi Jewelry

I purchased a few necklaces from Marina De Buchi over the summer at a store in Ocean City, New Jersey, because I loved how minimalistic the pieces were. Once I went on the brand’s website, I was even more pleased to find out that Marina De Buchi donates 10% of the sales from each purchase to the A21 Campaign, with the mission being “to fight human trafficking”. The jewelry ranges from names to symbols of inspiration, they’re the perfect personalized gift! To find out more about Marina De Buchi’s mission click here, and to shop the jewelry you can click here.

Together: Our Community Cookbook

If you love the British Royal family as much as I do, you may have heard of this cookbook. The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, teamed up with the women of The Hubb Community Kitchen to write Together: Our Community Cookbook, which is filled with the recipes made at the kitchen! The Hubb Community Kitchen was established after the Grenfell Tower fire in London, and the proceeds of the book go towards renovating the kitchen (you can see before and after pictures on The Royal Foundation website from the current proceeds of the book) and allowing it to be open 7 days a week. It’s a great gift for the cook in your life, or for someone who may want to start cooking in the new year! If you want to purchase the cookbook, you can do so here.   

Any Item From The Little Market

The Little Market was started by Lauren Conrad and Hannah Skvarla as a way to “empower artisans around the world”, as shared on their website. The “nonprofit founded by women to empower women” offers a variety of items, including candles, tote bags, bowls, kitchen utensils, baskets, blankets, jewelry dishes, and so much more! I purchased the “Do Good” tote (similar to the one pictured above) from them over the summer and I love it; the items on their site would make great gifts for anyone on your list! You can read more about The Little Market’s mission and story through the links provided, and browse their website via the link above.

Girl Gang The Label Merchandise

Lastly Girl Gang The Label, I mentioned them in a previous article but this time I’m specifically talking about their shop! By shopping on Girl Gang The Label, a percentage of the profits are being given to “charities that focus on female education, health, and empowerment”. Their merchandise includes items such as keychains, t-shirts, sweatshirts, pins, tote bags (I have the “Support Your Local Girl Gang” one and love it!), and beanies! Sharing the message of women supporting each other, their merchandise will make perfect gifts for your girl gang!

This is such a special time of year, which is why it is so important to give back. If you give a gift from any of the places I mentioned, make sure to let us know on our Instagram and Twitter!

Olivia Marrone is a senior at Marymount Manhattan College, majoring in Business with a concentration in Fashion Marketing & minoring in Digital Journalism. Marrone's writing primarily focuses on fashion & lifestyle journalism, with concentrations in style inspiration, social media & life in New York City. Along with writing, she is also passionate about photography, fashion, art, & traveling. She is currently based in New York City.        
Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com