Style > Beauty

The Four Most Affordable Skincare Products on the Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

We all know that skin care can get pretty expensive, but you don’t need to break the bank to have dewy, radiant skin! In today’s article, I’m going to be sharing some of my favorite affordable skin care products. These are items that you can order online (Sephora, Ulta or their own websites) as well as picking them up in stores!

Provence Beauty Aloe + RoseWater Balancing Face Mist – $10.99

I’ve tried out a few face mists, and my favorite by far is this one from Provence Beauty. I purchased it at Macy’s Backstage (where I got it for $5.99!) and I feel like it’s the only one that leaves a noticeable difference on my skin. Even just using this alone, I can tell that my skin instantly feels rejuvenated. This product is 4 fl. oz, is made with all natural ingredients and is vegan! If you’re interested in picking up one for yourself, it’s available at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and their website www.provencebeauty.com.

Mario Badescu Apricot Super Rich Body Lotion – $10

This body lotion smells amazing, is very moisturizing, and is 6 fl. oz. of product for $10: what more can you ask for?  I primarily use this after shaving my legs, (it makes them feel so nice!), but I bet it’ll be great to use during the winter as well. A little bit goes a long way with this moisturizer, so it’ll last you a long time and leave your skin feeling great!

Super Goop! Mint Fusion Lip Balm – $9.50

My friend recommended that I try this lip balm, and after ordering it over the summer I see why she loves it. Super Goop!’s Mint Fusion lip balm does a great job of keeping my lips moisturized, while slightly plumping them with the spearmint leaf oil, and the SPF 30 protects my lips from the sun. If you aren’t a fan of mint (although the scent isn’t super strong) it also comes in an Acai flavor! You can purchase this lip balm at supergoop.com, if it’s your first time ordering from them you’ll get 15% off!

Blistex Daily Conditioning Treatment Lip Balm – $2.79

This lip balm from Blistex is an old favorite of mine. Even after trying others, like Glossier’s Balm Dot Com, I still go back to using this one. It’s small, perfect to put in your purse or backpack, and is very moisturizing. It’s a mix of cocoa butter, aloe, vitamins A & E and it has SPF 20, so your lips are moisturized and protected from the sun. You can purchase this lip balm at your local drug store!

These are my favorite affordable skin care products, let us know if you try any of these out!

Olivia Marrone is a senior at Marymount Manhattan College, majoring in Business with a concentration in Fashion Marketing & minoring in Digital Journalism. Marrone's writing primarily focuses on fashion & lifestyle journalism, with concentrations in style inspiration, social media & life in New York City. Along with writing, she is also passionate about photography, fashion, art, & traveling. She is currently based in New York City.        
Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com