This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Fall is my favorite season for many reasons, one of them being seasonal fashion. Not only is “Fashion Month” during this time of year, but I personally feel that the season, in general, brings out the best style. Here are some of my fall fashion favorites that are currently in my wardrobe.

Scarves

I’ve never been much of a scarf person, not only if it’s freezing outside, but this season I’ve been wearing them all the time! Two of my favorites are from H&M (which were $10 each!) and to me, they’re just as nice as the ones the store offers for $17.99. Mine are light grey and tan, which I love because they go with everything! I also love my checked scarf from Hallmark, which is more for style purposes than keeping me warm (my mom and I both thought it looked “very Meghan Markle”). This season scarves have not only completed my outfits but also been the perfect addition to my fall wardrobe.

Sweaters

Sweaters and autumn go hand-in-hand, these sweaters from H&M being my current favorites. I purchased these last year and have gotten so much use out of them! They aren’t itchy (which is a MUST when shopping for sweaters), they’re soft and they’re the perfect thickness for this fickle fall weather. They can also be dressed up or down, which is essential with having a small closet in the dorms.

My New Favorite Skirt

A checkered skirt is one of my new essentials for autumn. The print screams “Autumn” to me, as well as the fact that these types of skirts are usually made from thicker fabrics. This one I recently purchased from Forever 21, and I absolutely love it! The material is on the thicker side (which makes it seem like higher quality) and I love the slight geometric shape it has to it. What I love the most about this skirt, is that it has pockets!! I’ve only worn it a few times since purchasing it, but I’m so excited to get more use out of this skirt as we transition into winter!

Boots

Another autumn staple! I’m currently looking for the perfect pair of comfortable, pointed toe black heeled boots, but until then my heeled boots with the buckle from H&M are great. I purchased these last year and I love them, but they aren’t the comfiest to wear when you’re standing for hours on end. Regardless, they look great and can instantly elevate any outfit. I also have a pair of flat boots from Burlington that I purchased my sophomore year of high school, which are still my most worn pair!

Those are my current fall fashion favorites! Want to share your favorites, or send any recommendations on where to purchase them (recommendations for those black boots I’m looking for are welcome!)? Make sure to tweet us and let us know!

Olivia Marrone is a senior at Marymount Manhattan College, majoring in Business with a concentration in Fashion Marketing & minoring in Digital Journalism. Marrone's writing primarily focuses on fashion & lifestyle journalism, with concentrations in style inspiration, social media & life in New York City. Along with writing, she is also passionate about photography, fashion, art, & traveling. She is currently based in New York City.        
Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com