This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Fall, everyone’s favorite season. Halloween, apple picking, pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, you name it! Especially living in Manhattan, fall can be an exceptionally beautiful time of the year. From my perspective, when I think of fall, I imagine a dark lip, winged eyeliner, and bold brows. In my opinion, the changing of the seasons is just another excuse to re-visit some of my favorite makeup products and my favorite makeup looks. Despite being a self-proclaimed “makeup junkie” and always wanting to try the latest new product craze, these are the few products that I will always return to, season after season.

Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream, $42.

Well, let’s start with the obvious, shall we? The cooler temperatures that fall brings will undoubtedly dry out your skin. If you’re anything like the old me, spending countless amounts of money on various face creams to try and find one that would suit my skin. Benefit is my all time favorite makeup brand. However, I never knew that they had a skin care line. You can imagine my surprise when I walked into the Benefit store one day and saw this sitting proudly on the counter. I didn’t even think twice about the seemingly hefty $42 price tag. Benefit has never let me down before in terms of their makeup, therefore, I had complete faith in this face cream. I can honestly say that Benefit did not disappoint. This light-weight cream can be used as a stand-alone moisturizer, or can be worn under your face makeup without making your skin look oily and shiny. I have oily/combination skin and this face cream works amazing for me. It has a nice scent to it and does a wonderful job at moisturizing. You get a decent amount of product for the price. It is generously sized and you will have this product for many months before replacing it. Once again, Benefit comes to my rescue with their amazing and life-changing beauty products.

Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Brow Gel, $24. 

Throughout the year, but especially in the fall/winter months, having bold brows is a must. Once again, I have to give a shout-out to Benefit for yet another top-notch product. The Benefit ‘Gimme Brow’ Volumizing Brow Gel is an amazing addition to your makeup routine. You can wear this alone, which is what I prefer, or you can use this as a base and make those brows even bolder with powders and pencils. For $24, the packaging is deceiving. I will admit, when I first bought it, I thought it was going to be a little bigger, similar to a tube of mascara. However, I quickly realized that the spoolie wand does an awesome job at distributing the product, so you don’t need to apply coat after coat to experience the desired effect. It comes in three shades (light, medium and dark) so you are guaranteed to find your perfect match. Anyone who desires that “eyebrows on fleek” effect should definitely invest in this product. It’s your match made in makeup heaven.

Nivea Care & Color Lip Care, $5. 

This lip balm is a literal a must-have. I’m serious. I have one of these Nivea Care & Color lip balm in every purse and jacket I own. The worst thing about chapped lip is you can’t wear cute colored lipsticks or glosses. In the past, I would trade my MAC lipsticks for a tube of Chapstick or Burts Bees. Not anymore. This Nivea lip balm combines the nourishing power of a restorative, hydrating lip balm with a hint of color. It’s like a lip balm and gloss all in one convenient product. You can find this product anywhere most lip balms are sold; Ulta, CVS, Duane Reade, etc. For $5 it is a quality product that will not break the bank and allows you to buy one in every color (or at least that’s what I did).

MAC Lipstick, $17. 

Oh how I love a good dark lip. I wouldn’t be lying if I said that is my sole reason for getting excited for cooler weather. With shades ranging from deep reds to crushed berry-hued purples, how can you resist? By far, my favorite brand of lipstick would have to be MAC. You can purchase them in literally any color imaginable and any finish, ranging from matte to sheer. They are reasonably priced and stay on for such a long time. Really, it’s a win-win situation. Some of my favorite shades to wear in the fall are the plums and dark browns. Regardless if your makeup that day is simple or not, wearing a bold lip color can easily dramatize any look. If you’ve never worn a dark lip before, what are you waiting for? Pick the color lipstick you would wear normally (for example, a red or a nude) and just darken the shade. I can guarantee that you will fall in love with dark lipsticks and it will be a permanent addition to your fall/winter makeup collection.

Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeliner, $5.99. 

This eyeliner is a gift from the makeup gods. It is easy to apply and is super-pigmented; the overall quality reminds me of comparable liquid eyeliners from high-end cosmetic companies. I have used this product for the past 2 to 3 years now, and I can honestly say that the Rimmel London ScandalEyes liner definitely allows the user to create the sharpest and most precise cat-eye makeup looks. This eyeliner also stays on all day and does not smudge or run. The felt tip remains pointed and precise, no matter how many times you use it. For $5.99, this is easily one of the best products on the market and comes at such a good value! I have been able to create simple and delicate looks for daytime or bold and brazen looks for nighttime. Upon purchasing this product for the first time, I had no clue that to expect from it, but quickly fell in love. This is the only liquid eyeliner that I will use and wholeheartedly recommend for anyone who is a fan of winged eyeliner that I am a devoted follower of!

Senior at Marymount Manhattan College majoring in Psychology/Communication Arts with a minor in Business Management. Has a penchant for all things fashion-related, especially shoes. She has a shoe collection that rivals Carrie Bradshaw's and hopes to work in the field of Advertising upon graduating from MMC.