Exiting CC Jessica Norton Interviews Incoming CC Joelle Bellini

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

From left to right: Exiting CC Jessica Norton, incoming CC Joelle Bellini, incoming CC Sara Capucilli, and exiting CC Paige Gawley.

On May 26th our current CCs, Paige Gawley and Jessica Norton, will be graduating Marymount and leaving MMM’s Her Campus chapter to two rising juniors, Sara Capucilli and Joelle Bellini. In order for Paige and Jess to say goodbye to the chapter they built, and in order Sara and Joelle to introduce themselves to the Her Campus family, we’ve put together a four part interview series in which an exiting CC interviews an incoming one and vice versa. Now, exiting CC Jessica interviews newcomer Joelle about herself, her hopes for the chapter, and some of her favorite things.

Jessica Norton: When/how did you start getting involved with Her Campus?

Joelle Bellini: One of our current CCs, Paige Gawley, was my RA at the dorms freshman year. She introduced me to Her Campus, and informed me of what the duties were as a contributing writer/editor. I loved the idea and got involved ASAP!

JN: What do you like about Her Campus? (The site in general as well as the MMM chapter).

JB: I love writing for Her Campus because it allows me to choose the content I wish to write about. Not only that but it allows you to see what a career in freelance article writing could be like.

JN: What has been your favorite part of being a member of HC MMM?

JB: My favorite aspect of being a HC MMM member is the fact that it is a pressure free zone. Obviously it’s not okay to miss a deadline, but you will not be penalized for doing so. I enjoy the “go-with-the-flowness” lol.

JN: Why did you want to become a CC?

JB: Why wouldn’t I?! Being a CC presents itself with so many major opportunities. It will also help me to gain experience in this career field.

JN: What are some goals you have for yourself has a CC? Are there certain things you’d like to create or accomplish as a CC?

JB: I am excited to take on a role that has such important responsibilities. One of my goals as a CC is to not let that excitement die down, I never want this to feel like a mandatory job. I also want to focus on getting recognized by the MMC. I believe Her Campus is an amazing platform for anyone and everyone to contribute to.

JN: When it comes to editorial content, what do you like to focus/work on? (Fashion, beauty, music, tech, all of it?)

JB: I definitely gravitate toward fashion content, without a doubt. But I would love to try and branch out more in the future, step outside of my comfort zone a bit.

JN: What can continued members expect from Her Campus MMM next year?

JB: Sara and I are going to try our hardest to step it up a notch next year. We want all of the members to feel like a community, where we all know each other’s names and faces. A huge hope of ours is to be accepted as a club at school and possibly receive funding for events! Bachelorette viewing parties should definitely be expected in the future.

JN: What are you hoping to do after graduation? What do you want to do/where do you want to work?

JB: Tough question… To be honest I am really not quite sure yet. I do have two options on my mind though. The first is to work at a fashion/lifestyle magazine or website as an editor or something similar. And the second is to take a year off, then go to law school (I want to make the big bucks). Polar opposites, I know.

Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside