Everybody Loves Doris Roberts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Doris Roberts, star of Everbody Loves Raymond, the hit sitcom that ran for nine seasons, recently passed away at the age of 90. In her honor, the cast got together to remember her and celebrate her life. She won five Emmy Awards and a Screen Actors Guild award during her acting career, which started in 1951. In addition to being well known as Marie Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond, she had many other notable roles including National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and Remington Steele. Who can forget when she also appeared on The King of Queens as Marie Barone for a comedic CBS crossover! We all love her character of Marie for her quick wit, humor, delicious cooking and the fact that she has no filter. The world has lost a talented actress and celebrities and fans alike have been mourning her. She will be missed but never forgotten. 

In honor of the talented and comedic Doris Roberts, here are six of Marie Barone’s best lines:

Marie: Don’t you tell me to be quiet! I have a mind of my own, you know! I’m not just some, trophy wife!

Frank: You’re a trophy wife? What contest in hell did I win?

_________________________________________________

Marie: What is a DVD player? Is it for pornography?

Debra: Yes, Marie. I bought Ray a porn machine.

Marie: I don’t like that, Debra.

Debra: A clean house is not the most important thing in the world.

Marie: You know who says that? A messy person.

________________________________________________

Debra: Marie, I’m not worried, I trust Ray.

Marie: Oh, I’m not worried about Raymond either, dear. I’m worried about that pizza parlor putana!

Marie: What could you have taped over it, that was so important?

Robert: Football.

Marie: Sports? Sports!

Raymond: Ma, it was the Super Bowl.

Marie: It doesn’t matter if it was the Super Duper Bowl, it’s still sports!

_______________________________________________________

Marie: Frank, do you love me?

Frank: You still need reassurance after 45 years of bondage?!

Katie Gray

Marymount

Katie Gray. Marymount Manhattan College. Double Major: Communications & Media Arts and Business with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. Double Minor: Journalism and Fashion Studies. Personal Website: www.xoxokatiegray.com Social Media: @xoxokatiegray
Paige, originally from Nashville, TN, is currently a senior at Marymount Manhattan College majoring in Communication Arts with a minor in Journalism. Paige has held internships at two PR firms, Decider.com, MTV News, and has been a Contributing Writer for USA Today College. She is currently interning at Decider.com for a second time. Maroon 5, movie going, reading, cupcakes, Pinterest, and NYC are some of her favorite things. Contact her at paigegawley@hercampus.com or visit her website,www.paigegawley.com.