Erica Longueira ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Tell us your name, age, year, and hometown.

Hi! My name is Erica Longueira. I am 22 years old and a first-semester senior here at MMC. I was born in Flushing, Queens (New York) and I still live there today!

How do you feel about being elected HCMMM’s profile this week?

I feel so grateful to be given the opportunity to be HCMMM’s profile this week! I’ve never been interviewed for anything before, so it’s very exciting.

Major/Minor?

I’m a communication arts major and a business management minor. Both departments at this school are fantastic!

What is your on campus involvement?

Being a commuter from Queens, while maintaining a job, it was very hard for me to get involved at school for the past couple of years. Thankfully, I found out about Her Campus through the school website last September when I was looking for something to get involved in at school. I met Joelle and Sara at the school’s Apple Fest, and after the first meeting I knew I would fall in love with it! It was the perfect club for me. I am now the event director for the club, and look forward to planning a ton of exciting events this semester!

What’s your favorite spot on campus?

My favorite spot is the quiet level of the library (third floor). Throughout the years, I’ve had tons of three hour breaks between my classes, so I would always find a quiet spot to get some work done. I’ve also fallen victim to a few library naps here and there. If I don’t have any work to do (which is rare), I use my laptop or rent a Mac from the library to watch Netflix.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Wow, I have so many! I’ve always had a huge celebrity crush on Ryan Gosling. He’s my favorite male actor, I’d probably see anything he starred in. I just saw Lala Land the other day and it definitely confirmed my crush. I was so impressed with his singing and dancing! He always plays his roles with such passion and sincerity. I’ve also heard from someone who met him that he’s a really nice, genuine person. I’m also really loving Milo Ventimiglia on This Is Us, his voice plus his role as pretty much the best TV dad, EVER, makes my heart so happy!

If you could spend one day with your crush, what would you do?

If I could spend the day with Ryan Gosling, I’d probably just reenact all of Lala Land with him. Or, maybe go suit shopping with him like he did with Steve Carrell in Crazy, Stupid, Love. But not for me, of course, I’d just want to see him in a suit!

What is something most people don’t know about you?

I am absolutely terrified of ketchup. Weirdest fear ever!

On campus, where do you get your caffeine fix? Starbucks or Caf?

I’m a huge Starbucks junkie. It’s probably where most of my paychecks are spent.

What is your go-to drink at that place?

I get a grande Vanilla Soy Latte, every time!

Best memory at MMC?

My best memory at MMC would be going on a class trip to Bloomberg News with my Organizational Communication class last semester. Professor Holly Hepp-Galvan took us there for a tour of the company’s headquarters and to gain some knowledge about the company itself. I was on cloud nine. That is one of my dream jobs!

Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten?

In five years, I will be turning 28. I see myself being madly in love with my career and living in the city. I’m not too sure what my career will be just yet- I try not to plan out my whole future because I’d rather take things day-by-day. I hope that with opportunity and hard work I will find the career of my dreams. In five years, I hope to have traveled more and seen some of the places I’ve always dreamed of seeing. In ten years, I hope to have my own company, maybe even my own non-for-profit organization for a good cause. I also see myself being married and having kids! Family has always been most important to me, and always wanted to have a big family of my own. I have so much love to give and cannot wait to raise children.

What advice do you have for freshman?

Definitely work hard and do not take it for granted! It flies by. Find things to get involved in at school, and always keep pushing yourself even when you feel you have nothing left. College gets tough, but nothing is more rewarding than seeing yourself do well.

Favorites!

Class you’ve taken: Organizational Communication with Professor Holly Hepp-Galvan

Restaurant in NYC: I have tons of favorites! I l really love SHI in Long Island City. Best Asian food I’ve ever had.

Park in NYC: Central Park

Movie: The Devil Wears Prada

Song: “Gravity” by John Mayer

Book: Looking for Alaska by John Green

Snack: Buffalo wings, if that’s considered a snack!

Pick one!

Stay up late or wake up early? Stay up late

Walk or subway? Subway

Concerts or Broadway Shows? Concerts!

Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt? Ice cream

Gossip Girl or Sex in the City? This one’s tough, but I’d have to say Gossip Girl!