DŌ Cookie Dough Confections Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship when it comes to new trends in NYC. On one hand, it’s super exciting to be one of the first people to experience a grand opening or a new treat, but on the other hand there are always long lines and people obsessively snapping pictures to get the perfect one for their Instagram. With this in mind, this past weekend some friends and I decided to try out a brand new hotspot specializing in ready to eat cookie dough. DŌ, Cookie Dough Confections’ premiere was getting some major social media buzz so when we finally got to its highly anticipated store front, there was a line wrapping around the building. After several minutes of heated discussions on whether or not to wait in line for a scoop of cookie dough, we ultimately decided to brave the cold hoping it would be well worth it in the end.

About a half an hour later after too many “where’s Rory Gilmore to ask our opinions on NYC line culture” jokes and countless passersby giving us some judgmental looks, we finally made it inside the adorable, polka dotted interior of DŌ. We were immediately handed menus for countless varieties of cookie dough, ice cream, cookies, and customizable treats. I went with the classic chocolate chip and sprinkle studded cake batter dough while my friends tried flavors like brownie batter and Fluffernutter. All of the flavors were unique, delicious, and served with incredibly friendly service despite the busy, packed, opening weekend crowds. With a generously portioned single scoop of cookie dough staring at $4, the treat really lived up to its hype in quality, price, and of course its Instagram-ibility. So if you find yourself craving a unique, sweet treat be sure to stop by DŌ, Cookie Dough Confections in the East Village!

Communication Arts and Dance student in NYC. Interests include the arts, The Office, and anything with sprinkles. 
Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli