Chick-Fil-A’s NYC Opening

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

The moment everyone in New York City has been waiting for! Finally, Chick-Fil-A has opened up a location of the beloved fast food chain in New York City. It’s situated in Herald Square and is a sprawling 5,000 square foot space and it has three stories. The new location opened its doors on Saturday, October 3rd.

People have been waiting a long time for Chick-Fil-A to open its doors in New York City. There is a Chick-Fil-A counter at NYU already, but now we have the real deal. The popular chain Southeast chain, founded in 1946, specializes in chicken and is owned by a conservative Christian family.

People have waited every day since its opening in a line that goes down the block. Don’t be discouraged though, the line typically takes only twenty minutes. They have a lot of staff working to handle the big crowds. There are even security guards to make sure nobody cuts inside without waiting in line.

Although many people have been celebrating this opening, there have also been animal and gay rights activists protesting outside the 6th Avenue location. Nonetheless both the company and excited New Yorkers are profiting greatly from this opening. It’s certainly worth all of the hype!

You can visit the new Chick-Fil-A at 1000 6th Avenue in Herald Square.

Katie Gray

Marymount

Katie Gray. Marymount Manhattan College. Double Major: Communications & Media Arts and Business with a concentration in Entrepreneurship. Double Minor: Journalism and Fashion Studies. Personal Website: www.xoxokatiegray.com Social Media: @xoxokatiegray
Paige, originally from Nashville, TN, is currently a senior at Marymount Manhattan College majoring in Communication Arts with a minor in Journalism. Paige has held internships at two PR firms, Decider.com, MTV News, and has been a Contributing Writer for USA Today College. She is currently interning at Decider.com for a second time. Maroon 5, movie going, reading, cupcakes, Pinterest, and NYC are some of her favorite things. Contact her at paigegawley@hercampus.com or visit her website,www.paigegawley.com.