Chelsea Eason ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Name:  Chelsea Rose Eason

Hometown:  Middletown, Connecticut

Major:  BA Theater Performance & BA Psychology, Drama Therapy Minor

On Campus Involvement:  One of the most magical clubs I have joined to become more involved in the MMC community is STAM: Student Theater At Marymount. STAM gives such unique and important opportunities for students to create art on and off stage. I have also participated in a Big Sister Little Sister program in the Psychology department that was designed to welcome incoming students pursuing Psychology degrees. I also volunteer with Marymount Muscle whenever possible and find the accessibility that Marymount gives its students to help New York City super meaningful.

Past Internships/Jobs: I worked here at Marymount for a semester at ‘Phonathon’ where we would contact alumni and let them know about fundraising opportunities for the school. Let’s just say I was better chatting about the pool that used to be in Marymount when it was an all-women’s college back in the day than asking for donations, but I for sure gave it the ole college try…….. ;) Shout out to the artichoke dip that we would get during break at Phonathon. Definitely one of the best perks of a job that I’ve ever had.

What do you love about your Major?:  What I love about being a part of both the Theater and Psychology departments is the willingness from each department to work with me on getting exactly what I want out of my undergraduate experience. Becoming involved with two different departments with the most incredible and helpful faculty that truly have fostered my love for the mind and the arts is honestly more than I could have asked for. 

Best memory at MMC: Either any chance I’ve gotten to perform and collaborate with my talented peers in the Black box, or that one time I took a mirror selfie in the Great Hall with my best friend before we went to buy some bean bag chairs.

Fave Class You’ve Taken: When I think of favorite classes I’ve taken, a wonderful professor comes to mind immediately: Mary Fleischer. I’ve had the privilege of being in two of her classes so far. One class was Elements of Directing and the other was my Theater Capstone, Experimental Theater. If I were to pick between the two I would say the Experimental Theater course was one that totally changed my life. Over the span of that class I saw 3 shows a week and learned more about the art and theater world than I have from living in New York City for three years. If you get the chance to be in one of Mary’s classes consider yourself lucky, it isn’t hard to be mesmerized by her insurmountable knowledge on theater, trust me!

Faves

Movie:  Right now it’s My Girl. Even though Roger Ebert only gave the film 3.5 stars out of 4. It should be 4.

TV Show:  The People v. O.J. Simpson.

Youtube: Wow Presents, Untucked playlist.

Play: Ratcatcher (or Some Kind of Hard Darkness) By Ian Campbell.

Study Spot:  Deserted MMC library on a Thursday afternoon at the quiet tables.

Song: Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley or literally anything produced by M.I.A or Grimes.

Snack: Bananas.

Celebrity Crush:  Ke$ha.

Website:  amandaplease.com

Pick One!

Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt:  Depends!!!!

Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts: Dunkin Donuts because it reminds of when I played T-Ball and we would get munchkins.

Stay up late or wake up early:  Both, always.

Yankees or Mets:  Yankees! Sorry Grandpa…

Concerts or Broadway Shows:  I would love to see a Broadway show inside Baby’s All Right.

Union Square Park or Washington Square Park?  Washington Square in autumn & Union Square in the summer.

Walk or Subway?  Walk.

Gossip Girl or Sex & The City: I’ve never seen either

Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside