Bomber Jackets: The Key to NYC Athleisure

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Athleisure is the style trend taking over New York City. It has us pairing our favorite sneakers with dresses and wearing the leggings we normally sport to a SoulCycle class or a walk through Central Park, to late night ice cream with friends. Bomber jackets are the key piece to this sporty trend. Whether black-and-white, floral, or stripes they are your MUST-HAVE accessory as the leaves change. You don’t have to be an athlete to work this trend! Slip a jacket over your tee or dress as you catch the train to school, or wherever you’re headed, and you have the perfect fashion accessory with minimal effort. Check out some inspo below! 

Flower Power

You can never go wrong with floral. You’ll stay comfy and chic in this floral satin bomber jacket. Whether you’re rocking jeans and chucks to school for a casual Friday, or having a meeting with a professor so you need to look a little more professional, this jacket works in all ways! 

Track Trendy 

From your morning workout to your after school study-sesh in the commons, the classic sporty jacket is what athleisure was made on! Switch out your sweats for skinny jeans and a pair of statement earrings or a bold lip, and you’re ready to go! 

Use Your Words

Express yourself using fun flair on a jacket. Whether you buy it all in one, or gradually add your own patches and pins, show off your personality using an amazing patched bomber!

Simple Student 

Pull out a clean cut look for back to school with a structured jacket. Everyone knows it’s always in the Nugent Building so having a simpler style jacket in your bag at all times will keep you comfortable, and cute! Think one color, try an army green or a classic black!  

Glitter Goals

Go fancy with this all-over sequin bomber jacket. While you’re rocking your MMC pride with a graphic tee, throw on a glitter bomber on you’ll be the star of the show. And ready for a midnight munch with your squad! 

Hey I'm Hailey! I'm a freshman communication Arts major at Marymount Manhattan College. I'm hoping to either make a career out of writing for blogs, magazines, websites, or maybe even being a news or sports anchor. I'm also very passionate about dance so you can always find me in a class somewhere or just dancing around my apartment!