Blake Balsamo ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

If you’ve seen this week’s campus cutie, there’s a good chance it’s been when he’s been working behind a computer screen. Blake is a business major who comes to Marymount from Tom’s River, New Jersey. He’s a smart, talented, and extremely driven guy who is destined for success! Read our Q&A below to find out more about him.

Tell us your name, year, and hometown.My name is Blake Philip Drew Balsamo. I am a senior and was born and raised in Toms River, NJ.

First off, How do you feel about being MMC’s Campus cutie this week?!When I got asked to be this weeks cutie I was honored! I have never been chosen for something like this before!

What’d made you choose MMC? Why did you keep coming back?As a business major I knew it was important for me to be in Manhattan to be successful. I also knew that I wanted a small class size and apartment style living my freshman year because I love to cook (I come from a big Italian family). After visiting I fell in love with the campus and the people and knew this would be a great fit. After my first year there wasn’t even a thought in my mind to leave. I knew that being here I would make the best of it and strive for success. Four years later, four different jobs (two in the banking industry), and a job offer later, I’m glad I didn’t leave!

Fave spot on campus?My favorite spot has to be the Mac tech office (Room 560) because there are some pretty cool people there.

Have you had any super cool jobs and/or internships during your time at MMC?I have had a lot of cool jobs! I’m an RA, a Mac technician for Marymount, I worked at Goldman Sachs for a year and a half, I helped run the billing department of a startup technology company in Union Square, and I currently work at JPMorgan Chase.

What does the future look like for you? Five years? Ten?Right now my future looks like it will be something to do within the banking industry, but who knows where life will take me. In 10 years I hope to be working for the FBI or some kind of federal law enforcement agency but I could also see myself still working in the finance industry, hopefully owning a house and a few exotic cars.

What’s been your favorite memory here at MMC?My favorite memory is definitely all the different people I have met over my four years here. As an RA I get to meet new people every year that I may not have met otherwise.

Tell us something that people don’t know about you!Most people don’t know that I have my motorcycle license and totaled my first bike at the end of the summer my sophomore year.

Favorites:Movie: Ace Ventura Pet DetectiveNYC hangout: Butterlane cupcake shopClass you’ve taken: Business LawSong of the moment: Simple Life by Drake WhiteAnimal: Between a lemur and a rhino.

Victoria Piering, 22, studying Communication Arts: Creative Media Production with a minor in Photography at Marymount Manhattan College in NYC.  Can usually be found talking about boybands, Disney World, or dogs. Pop culture fan and an avid concert goer. Usually taking pictures for Sunset Spotlights or my epic wall collage. Class of 2016. @Vickyp94
Paige, originally from Nashville, TN, is currently a senior at Marymount Manhattan College majoring in Communication Arts with a minor in Journalism. Paige has held internships at two PR firms, Decider.com, MTV News, and has been a Contributing Writer for USA Today College. She is currently interning at Decider.com for a second time. Maroon 5, movie going, reading, cupcakes, Pinterest, and NYC are some of her favorite things. Contact her at paigegawley@hercampus.com or visit her website,www.paigegawley.com.