This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

When did Bella Thorne become the new “It Girl”? Well, we don’t know for sure but one thing we do know is that we cannot get enough of her!

The Florida-born teen has graced not only the big screen (in films such as Blended and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day) but she starred in the popular Disney Channel show Shake It Up. Bella’s incredible acting skills have won her five awards, including two Young Artist Awards and two Young Hollywood Awards. Not only is she heavily involved in acting, she also models for the popular dress designer Sherri Hill and has designed her own line of prom and quinceañera dresses with them, to be released later this year.

The seventeen year old has accomplished quite a lot over the past few years, but her most recent accomplishment is starring in the new movie The Duff. Thorne plays a vicious mean girl in this new flick (but we know she’s totally not like that in real life.) The Duff shares a great message of self-love and being true to yourself. Bella Thorne stars alongside Mae Whitman, Skyler Samuels, Bianca Santos and the incredibly hunky Robbie Ammel.

The Duff hits Theatres Friday, February 20th.

Brittanie Glumm, 20,Sophomore at Marymount Manhattan majoring in Communication Arts with minors in Journalism and Fashion Studies.
Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside