This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

2019 has been a year full of growth and change for all in some way or another. Personally, I have been blessed with new additions to my life in terms of people, interests, and a lifestyle that has only made my life better. As we all know, Thanksgiving is full of giving thanks and embracing all there is to be grateful for. I asked around to see specifically what people are grateful for this year to not only share their responses, but to show the endless amount of things in our world we should be grateful for. I posed the question, “what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving,” and here were the responses.

I am thankful for…

“The friends and family that have been there to support me through the academic year, even when I’m away from home. I’m also thankful for technology that allows us to communicate from long distances.”

“The people I love and that I’ll get to see them for the holidays.”

“Personal growth!”

“My sister”

“My best friend”

“My family, girlfriend, health, going to a good school, having good grades, and food!”

“My education and the people that support me along the way”

“My new family, my old family, and my dogs”

“Our ex-spouses dumping us because we wouldn’t have met each other and been so happy for 40 years if not for them” 

“Family and friends”

“The people around me who keep me motivated everyday” 

“Good health, my family, and for my- mind, body, and spirit”

“Good kids that will change the world for the better! I know loads of them”

“My daughters, family, health, friends, and food of course”

“My morning dose of coffee that keeps me going throughout the day”

“My health. Without it we can’t do anything. I am blessed in my life that I can wake up every day to another. I am grateful for all my family and grandchildren”

I could go on to list the many things I am thankful for, but simply put, this year I am thankful for love.

Everywhere I go, I know there is love guiding me throughout the day. Whether it be home with my family and closest friends, spending time with my special someone, or at school with my roommates, I am constantly showered with laughs, support, and joy. When I am unsure of what to do, those I am surrounded by help me see clearly. When I am nervous about where to go, they tell me it will be okay and that they are there for me. When I just need to rant and let it out, they are always there with open ears without any judgement. So, thank you all for being there and all you do for me. All the confidence you instill in me, all the hugs you throw my way, all giggles and smiles we share. Thank you for all the love. 

All around us are millions of things to be thankful for. The trees that give us oxygen, the people who clean the streets in the middle of the night so it isn’t dirty the next day, the cows that provide us with milk. While for many gratitude does not come naturally, it has been associated with higher levels of positive emotions, stronger immune systems, and lower blood pressure. This Thanksgiving season, I challenge you not only to think about all there is to be grateful for just on thanksgiving day, but to continue doing this each day. Try to find one different thing there is to be grateful for for the rest of 2019, if not longer to see all the beauty scattered around this planet and your life. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jordyn Sava is a Sophomore at Marymount Manhattan College. She is a lover of all things John Mulaney, The Office, and dogs. You can find her wandering through NYC while listening Spotify with an iced coffee In hand.