For Anyone Who Needs A Little Motivation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Whether you’ve just moved hundreds of miles away from home for college (If you get homesick– which FYI it’s okay to be homesick. FaceTime a friend from home, or family… go visit if you can! But don’t let it be all that you are), or you’ve simply decided: “Okay, it’s time to stop grasping on to the past and focus on the future, that is… focusing on starting fresh.” I am here to support you right away! Well, also here to remind you: life may not seem easy right now, and your future might seem a little hasty… but remind yourself, you can do anything your heart desires–you want to go to a Zumba class? Why not!? You want to take on a minor in college? Why not?! You want to go to a late-night tv show taping? WHY NOT?! There are SO many things to do, so many places you haven’t seen, so many adventures you haven’t experienced, so many memories to create… go out there and DO. Stop complaining to your roommate about how bored you are because complaining isn’t going to get you anywhere, so how about getting up and starting new beginnings? You can take up a hobby, try out new food, find a way to release all that college/work stress (not drugs!), find a part time job, volunteer, intern, etc. The list goes on and on.

***Keep in mind not to try and take on too many things–because trust me, I’ve been there and it resulted in being cranky and way too busy, never being alone, no Netflix and no sleep–and you want sleep. On that note, go on and do something, become somebody, find yourself, change positively… but always remember to stay true to yourself.

Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli