AHS: My Roanoke Nightmare

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

The premiere of American Horror Story season 6, “My Roanoke Nightmare,” didn’t fail to keep me on the edge of my bed with my boyfriend clinging to me. The show has always been one of my favorites. My love for dramas, the paranormal, comedies, and thrillers are all met by one amazing show, and this season’s premiere did not disappoint. 

While each season is a completely different story, the actors are recycled to be new characters. The creator, Ryan Murphy, kept the theme from viewers until the premiere, only offering vague trailers that didn’t feature any footage from the show. 

Wednesday night, the audience finally learned of season 6’s theme: paranormal anthology television parody. 

The show within the show called “My Roanoke Nightmare”, featured Lily Rabe and new cast member Andre Holland as a couple telling of their thrilling experience while their reenactment is played by fan favorite, Sarah Paulson, and interesting new addition, Cuba Gooding Jr. (we’ll see how that goes).

Just by one episode, I know I’ll love this season. After being the victims of a violent crime in the city, the couple moves out to the country and wins a large run down home in an auction, beating a group of suspicious aggressive “hillbillies”. It doesn’t take long for Rabe’s/Paulson’s character, Shelby, to start having weird experiences in the home.

I highly recommend you watch the first episode and stay tuned with me throughout the season.