This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

It’s February, which means it is the time to buy some chocolate and treat yourself to some rom-coms! While there are so many out there, here are some of the best to make you laugh and maybe even cry.

50 First Dates

Starting off strong with the most perfect duo, Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler, and their hit 2004 movie “50 First Dates”. This film was always a must watch at sleepovers growing up. Henry Roth is a man afraid of commitment until he meets the beautiful Lucy. They hit it off and Henry thinks he’s finally found the girl of his dreams until discovering she has short-term memory loss and forgets him the next day. Now, Henry sets off to make Lucy fall in love with him every single day.

The Proposal

A rom-com starring Ryan Reynolds, sign me up. This hilarious enemies to lovers film tells the story of Margaret Tate (Sandra Bullock), a pushy boss who forces her assistant (Reynolds) to marry her in order to keep her visa status in the U.S. and avoid deportation to Canada. The film also stars Betty White and will have you laughing and wanting to watch it all over again.

Wedding Singer

Coming back in with yet another Barrymore/Sandler flick, we have the OG, The Wedding Singer. This beautiful story shows Robbie, a singer, and Julia, a waitress, who are both engaged, but to the wrong people. Fortune intervenes to help them discover each other. With one of the best endings to a rom-com, this one might bring up some tears.

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

When thinking of rom-coms, this 2020 film starring Rachel McAdams and Will Ferrell may not immediately come to mind. It should be defined as a rom-com in the loosest of terms, but is an absolutely fun time. Eurovision tells the story of Icelandic singers Lars Erickssong and Sigrit Ericksdóttir as they are given the chance to represent their country at the annual Eurovision Song Contest. This hilarious film also has songs that will be stuck in your head after the movie ends.

Pretty Woman

An absolute classic starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. The film’s story centers on down-on-her-luck Hollywood prostitute Vivian Ward, who is hired by Edward Lewis, a wealthy businessman, to be his escort for several business and social functions, and their developing relationship over the course of her week-long stay with him.

Notting Hill

Who doesn’t want a rom-com with a young Hugh Grant’s cute nerdiness? The life of a simple bookshop owner changes when he meets the most famous film star in the world. Another perfect option if you want more Julia Roberts in your life.

This Means War

A spy rom-com starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy is exactly the movie to watch if you are looking for something with action. Two C.I.A. operatives wage an epic battle on each other when they discover they are dating the same woman. Shenanigans ensue between these two best friends and the lengths they are willing to go to get the girl.

27 Dresses

Two words. James Marsden. After serving as a bridesmaid 27 times, a young woman wrestles with the idea of standing by her sister’s side as her sibling marries the man she’s secretly in love with.

Legally Blonde

By this point, if you haven’t seen Legally Blonde, what are you doing with your life? Elle Woods clad in all pink sets out to Harvard Law School in an attempt to win back her man. Along the way, she finds that she is so much better than what everyone thinks her to be.

Whether you are alone this Valentine’s Day or are in a relationship, I hope this list can help bring some joy to your life! Happy Valentine’s Day!

Hannah is currently a student at Marymount Manhattan College. Whenever she has free time, you can catch her reading lots and lots of books, or bingeing yet another television show. She is a chocolate milk enthusiast and a self proclaimed theatre nerd. Enjoy her articles!
Campus Correspondent. English Literature major, Digital Journalism minor and NYC based dancer/singer.