7 Best Hallmark Movies To Watch This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

This time of year always brings out the sappy, over joyous, and sentiment in people and watching these predictable movies just adds to it. The Hallmark Channel started the Holiday season the weekend of Halloween and plays Christmas movies straight through New Year’s Day. Here are just some of the best Hallmark Christmas movies that are a must watch.

1. Christmas with Holly (2012)

When a little girl becomes an orphan, her three uncles taker her in. With the holidays approaching they find the importance of family and how their new life will grow to be magical.

2. A Very Merry Mix Up  (2013)

Alice Chapman is going home to meet her fiancé, Will Mitchum’s, family for Christmas when she accidently goes home with the wrong Mitchum’s. Trouble ensues and Alice is forced to find the true meaning of family and the right fiancé.

3. A Christmas Wish (2011)

A recently single mother finds herself desperate in a new town with three children and no money. She leans on the town people, one played by Edward Herman, to find the way for her family’s new life.

4. Matchmaker Santa (2012)

Gretchen Wieners finally finds love! Lacey Chabert stares in this cute and charming movie where Santa plays Cupid in order to match up the right couple.

5. Christmas Under Wraps (2014)

Lauren Brunell, played by Candace Cameron Bure, settles for a fellowship in Alaska. While dragging her feet about being in the cold north she finds herself caring for Santa and falling for his son.

6. Lucky Christmas (2011)

Holly, who is normally very unlucky, wins the lottery! When she finally thinks she is going to be able to care properly for her son the winning ticket goes missing. As the hunt for the ticket drags on she finds something more than the ticket, a husband.

7. Christmas Incorporated (2015)

Riley is hired at a family owned toy company that may be closing down after the season. To make sure the factory stays open Riley has to convince the new CEO that Christmas and the small town is worth loving again.

There are so many great Hallmark Christmas movies, so to start off the Holiday season grab your tissues and enjoy these wonderfully predictable movies!

Paige, originally from Nashville, TN, is currently a senior at Marymount Manhattan College majoring in Communication Arts with a minor in Journalism. Paige has held internships at two PR firms, Decider.com, MTV News, and has been a Contributing Writer for USA Today College. She is currently interning at Decider.com for a second time. Maroon 5, movie going, reading, cupcakes, Pinterest, and NYC are some of her favorite things. Contact her at paigegawley@hercampus.com or visit her website,www.paigegawley.com.