The 67th Annual Emmy Awards Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

The 67th annual Emmy Awards took place Sunday night in L.A. and saw the first win for Amy Schumer, Tracy Morgan’s first reapperance since the tragic car accident which left him in a coma last June, and a crazy amount of Donald Trump jokes.

Andy Samberg brought it as the host and his opening number saw him caving to the pressures of modern society and locking himself in a bunker to watch every TV show. I mean that’s basically the dream, amirite?! Then he named an insane amount of TV shows in a tiny amount of time and it was super awesome. Also, who knew that so many shows have the word wife in the title?

The fashion certainly didn’t disappoint either. Taylor Schilling, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Gina Rodriguez are our picks for best dressed.

Schilling’s bright yellow frock by Stella McCartney was a far cry from her prison uniform in Orange Is The New Black.

Louis-Dreyfus, who won tonight for her hilarious depiction of Selina Meyers on Veep, stunned in a black gown by Safiyaal. 

Rodriguez didn’t let her insane snub for her near perfect work on Jane The Virgin keep her down; her pale pink princess gown by Lorena Sarbu made her look like the sparkly goddess she is.

Oh yeah, there were some awards given out too. See below for the big winners and click here for the full list!

Outstanding Reality Competition Program: The Voice

Outstanding Variety Sketch Series: Inside Amy Schumer

Outstanding Variety Talk Series: The Daily Show

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series: Tony Hale, Veep

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series: Allison Janney, Mom

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series: Jeffrey Tambor, Transparent

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep

Outstanding Comedy Series: Veep

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series: Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones

Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series: Uzo Aduba, Orange Is the New Black

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series: Jon Hamm, Mad Men

Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series: Viola Davis, How To Get Away With Murder

Outstanding Drama Series: Game of Thrones

Paige, originally from Nashville, TN, is currently a senior at Marymount Manhattan College majoring in Communication Arts with a minor in Journalism. Paige has held internships at two PR firms, Decider.com, MTV News, and has been a Contributing Writer for USA Today College. She is currently interning at Decider.com for a second time. Maroon 5, movie going, reading, cupcakes, Pinterest, and NYC are some of her favorite things. Contact her at paigegawley@hercampus.com or visit her website,www.paigegawley.com.