This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

We all know that living in New York is expensive but that doesn’t mean you can’t do anything fun! Living here, there is always something new to see or a spot that just doesn’t get old. Even with limited time and money, finding time to get out and explore is definitely possible and totally worth it. Here are some of the places I try to get back to whenever I can:

Central Park

I think it’s safe to say that Central Park is one of my favorite spots in the city. Walking through it is always an escape from the busy streets and seeing it change from season to season is quite magical.  

The MET

For New York students, the amount you pay for admission is up to you! There’s so much to see so I’m always dying to go back here.

The New York Public Library

I highly suggest coming here if you haven’t already. It’s beautiful and a great place to get homework done or just admire the beauty of it. Either way, it’s completely free.

The High Line

Walking The High Line is an easy and affordable adventure that also never gets old. It’s perfect for a casual stroll with friends and there are amazing views.

Roosevelt Island

Yes, it’s tiny but taking the tram there is actually really fun (and cheaper than the subway). Plus, it’s home to a supposedly haunted abandoned smallpox hospital.

The Brooklyn Bridge

Another easy walk for that perfect sunny day and you’ll be sure to get lots of amazing pictures.

You don’t have to spend a lot of money to go out in NYC and there are so many things to see and do wherever you go that even mini adventures between classes and work are possible. So take advantage of living here and get out and explore!

Studying Fashion Marketing and Digital Journalism at Marymount Manhattan College in NYC in hopes of one day becoming a big time magazine editor.
Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli