This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Skincare is the most important step in your beauty routine, so it’s crucial that the products you put your faith in are worthy of your trust. In a never-ending sea of trendy—and somewhat misguided—skincare lines, it can be difficult to tell what brands are truly trustworthy. While there are dozens of great products from an assortment of different brands, the best of the best are the skincare brands that you can count on for absolutely everything. Here are 5 skincare brands that consistently make quality products that you can always turn to.

Glossier took the beauty world by storm with their one-of-a-kind brand design. They use only the best ingredients in both their skincare and makeup products—fusing the two beauty routine steps into one thoughtful process. The product line is growing rapidly and with every new release, Glossier fans expect an exceptional product. So far every product is simple, soothing, and oh so effective. Plus, the packaging looks perfect atop your vanity.

Favorites: Priming Moisturizer Rich, Mega Greens Galaxy Pack, Milky Jelly Cleanser

While this brand is on the pricier side of things, anyone who has splurged on their products will confirm—it’s totally worth it. Drunk Elephant’s products are formulated with effective, clean ingredients instead of the harsh toxins of other products. The entire line is fragrance free and made in the USA. The brand believes that harsh exfoliants, expensive procedures, and chemically-laden makeup products are the main cause of skin issues. Their products seek to streamline your beauty routine by providing products that do the work of all the creams in your cupboard, but better.

Favorites: T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum, T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial, Lala Retro Whipped Cream

Clinique is a cult brand for a reason. Everyone and their mother knows that when in doubt, turn to Clinique for an affordable and effective solution to all of your skincare woes. Since 1968, this brand has delivered natural, high quality products to achieve the perfect your-skin-but-better look. Clinique is like that friend you’ve just had forever—fancy new friends may come along, but you can always count on your OG bestie.

Favorites: Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, Clarifying Lotion

Sensitive skin babes unite! For the perfect balance of effective skincare and calming ingredients, look no further than First Aid Beauty. Their products are free from any of the fragrances or chemicals we all know too well. They realize that skincare isn’t one-size fits all and their wide range of products allows you to customize your routine based on your individual needs. You’ll look forward to using their ultra-soothing products in your everyday routine.

Favorites: Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer, Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer, Eye Duty Triple Remedy A.M. Gel Cream

The drugstore has plenty of trustworthy options, but none come as highly recommended as CeraVe. With plenty of products that are recommended by dermatologists—trust me, mine actually did—you can always count on their products. Their big claim-to-fame is the ceramides that are included in all of their products. Long story short, ceramides are oils found naturally in the skin and CeraVe’s products restore this barrier keeping the skin soft and hydrated. These product are sure to keep your skin perfectly balanced.

Favorites: Foaming Facial Cleanser, SA Cream For Rough And Bumpy Skin, Hydrating Body Wash

Creating a star beauty brand comes down to a few things: quality ingredients, conscious formulas, and a commitment to bettering the skincare industry as a whole. With these 5 brands leading the charge against troubled skin, we’ll all be on our way to the best glow of our lives.

Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli