4 Brunch Spots You Need On Your Instagram Feed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

It’s been a few months since my “Foodie’s Guide To The Upper East Side” article, and in it I said that once I got used to navigating the subway system, I’d write another post of cafes/restaurants in other areas of the city. Since then, I’ve gotten better at using the subway (there is one spot included here where I went to an Upper East Side location), but the rest are in other areas of the city. Going to brunch is one of my favorite parts about living in NYC, so being the Instagram-loving foodie that I am, I knew I had to write a follow up article. I decided that for today’s article I’m sharing four of my favorite Instagrammable brunch spots in the city!

1. Bluestone Lane

I’ve only been here once, but it’s one of my favorites that I’ve been too. The location that my friend and I went to was on Upper East Side, but they have multiple locations throughout the city. I went here in the summer and this was my first time trying avocado toast and I absolutely loved it! There was a bit of a wait, but personally I think it was definitely worth it—for the food and the picture!

2. Merriweather

A friend actually told me about this cafe and again, this is one that I need to go back to. It’s located in the West Village and is so cute! It was so aesthetically pleasing inside, you will get such nice pictures here! When we went, I got a lemonade & pumpkin croissant, but they had a lot of different pastries to choose from. The atmosphere and the relaxed vibe also made for a very productive study session.

3. Banter

Banter is a restaurant that is so nice as well. Located in Soho, Banter is different from the previous two locations since there is a little patio with benches and tables outside that you can sit at as well as indoor seating. When we visited, my friend and I sat at one of the window seats and that made the lighting so nice for pictures. Great lighting & avocado toast: what more do you need??

4. Two Hands

My friend and I went to Two Hands last weekend to celebrate our first week back to school and we both loved it here! Two Hands has two locations: Little Italy & Tribeca. We went to the one in Little Italy and we both loved our meals. I got the banana bread with an espresso spread, honey, and nuts on it, a side of scrambled eggs (which were SO GOOD) and a hot chocolate. The whole space is so aesthetically pleasing, it looks even better in person than it does in pictures! When we left, we both agreed that we needed to go back again soon.

These are my recommendations for brunch spots in the city, if you decide to go to any of these brunch spots & Instagram it, tag us in your pictures!

Olivia Marrone is a senior at Marymount Manhattan College, majoring in Business with a concentration in Fashion Marketing & minoring in Digital Journalism. Marrone's writing primarily focuses on fashion & lifestyle journalism, with concentrations in style inspiration, social media & life in New York City. Along with writing, she is also passionate about photography, fashion, art, & traveling. She is currently based in New York City.        
Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli