This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Spooky season is officially among us, which means all of our horror movie nights, haunted house trips, and pumpkin patch visits have only just begun. But much like everything else in our lives, no spooky season activity is complete without the perfect soundtrack, which is why I’ve compiled a list of 31 songs to add to your Halloween playlist this year.

1. all the good girls go to hell – Billie Eilish

Because Halloween and Billie Eilish’s discography just fit perfectly together. 

2. bad guy – Billie Eilish 

This song is a bop all year long, but it’s extra catchy around Halloween time. 

3. bury a friend – Billie Eilish

Third one’s the charm to really bring on the chills. 

4. Calling All the Monsters – China Anne McClain

An iconic Disney Channel throwback to bring out the inner child in all of us.

5. Castle – Halsey

As a Halsey fan, this song from “The Huntsman: Winter’s War” makes me feel super hyped to take on any Halloween festivities. 

6. Cell Block Tango – Chicago the Musical

Even if you’ve never heard of Chicago, chances are you still know the chilling tune of Cell Block Tango. The song has navigated its way through pop culture, securing itself a spot on the perfect spooky season playlist. 

7. Chillin’ Like a Villain – Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart, Mitchell Hope

The Descendants trilogy is a great binge for spooky season and so is the soundtrack, of course. It’s also the perfect way to honor our beloved angel, Cameron Boyce. 

8. Disturbia – Rihanna

This song definitely takes us back to our childhood days and it’s also the perfect song to get your Halloween parties started. 

9. DNA – Little Mix

Just the first 10 seconds of this song are enough to send chills down your spine, but then the vocals of this talented girl group just keep them coming. 

10. Don’t Call Me Angel (Charlie’s Angels) – Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey

One of the hottest collabs of the year, this song left us all with goosebumps and we can never seem to get enough of Lana Del Rey’s verse. 

11. Dracula – Bea Miller

A catchy tune about how love can make you crazy, but with the Dracula metaphor involved, it’s a wonderful addition to your spooky season playlist. 

12. E.T. – Katy Perry and Kanye West

A song we never saw coming, but now I can’t picture a Halloween playlist without it. 

13. Gasoline – Halsey

A song that is deep, meaningful, and haunting all in one. 

14. Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr. 

Ghostbusters is a classic Halloween film, so naturally the theme song is a timeless favorite. 

15. Human – Maggie Lindemann

Lindemann dropped this song five days before Halloween in 2018 and she definitely brought some devilish vibes along with it.

16. Kill My Mind – Louis Tomlinson

Tomlinson’s latest single combines horror with romance and pairs it with an upbeat tune. The subject of Tomlinson’s lyrics is “a nightmare on the dance floor,” and you will be too when you hear this song that just makes you want to dance. 

17. Killing Me – Jacob Whitesides

This underrated pop artist brought some super ghostly vibes when he dropped this single on October 27, 2017, just in time for Halloween. 

18. Mad Hatter – Melanie Martinez

You might remember hearing this audio circling around musical.ly back in 2015. That app is now nothing but a distant memory, but this song is here to stay and remind us to embrace the craziness inside ourselves.

19. Monster – Gabbie Hanna

We all know and love the viral meme, but all jokes aside, this song is a catchy, emotional ballad about the monster in all of us. 

20. Monster – Kanye West, Jay Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, Bon Iver

A little bit of hip hop to add some spice to your playlist. 

21. Mother’s Daughter – Miley Cyrus

The perfect song to listen to when you’re feeling the spirit but also just wanna dance.

22. Nightmare – Halsey

Halsey channels all her pent up anger in this song and I absolutely love to scream the lyrics with her. 

23. A Nightmare on My Street – DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince

This one adds some 80s flair to your spooky soundtrack. 

24. Queen of Mean – Sarah Jeffery

An anthem from the Descendants 3 soundtrack, featuring a killer rap. 

25. Rotten to the Core – Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart, Sofia Carson

The Descendants song that started it all. 

26. Smooth Criminal – Michael Jackson

The King of Pop has a bunch of songs that fit the spooky vibe but this one is one of the more popular ones and just an all around hit. 

27. Somebody’s Watching Me – Rockwell

Everything about this song is thrilling, you simply can’t forget about it when Halloween rolls around. 

28. Speak of the Devil – Logan Henderson

A super catchy song by one of our beloved Big Time Rush members.

29. Superstition – Stevie Wonder

You hear this song played all year round, but the lyrics are particularly significant to the suspense of Halloween festivities. 

30. Teeth – 5 Seconds of Summer

5 Seconds of Summer’s latest single definitely fits the spooky aesthetic and really gets people moving.

31. Thriller – Michael Jackson

A spooky playlist wouldn’t be a spooky playlist without this classic favorite. Thriller is the definition of a Halloween hit and a staple for every Halloween celebration. 

aquarius. new york native. digital journalism major, photography minor. lover of concerts and iced coffee.
Campus Correspondent. English Literature major, Digital Journalism minor and NYC based dancer/singer.