10 Times We Were All Emily Gilmore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Ok so recently I’ve started watching Gilmore Girls. I know, you’re probably thinking to yourself, “well, it’s about time.” It’s a common pattern with me. I tend to start liking things after they are popular, or right after the initial fanfare surrounding the reboot occurs. I can’t help it, it’s just how I am.

Anyways, when searching for a topic to write about for Her Campus, I thought, “why not write about Gilmore Girls?” With talk of a possible season two of “A Year In the Life” (no spoilers please, I’m still on season 6) I thought it was only appropriate to take an in-depth look at one of the shows main (and in my opinion, one of the most important) characters.

A majority of the show focuses on the dynamic mother-daughter duo that is Lorelai and Rory Gilmore; whether it be their penchant for all things caffeinated or their deep seeded involvement in their town, Stars Hollow. Regardless, it seems that most of the shows’ praises are focused on their close relationship. While I find their humorous exchanges as enjoyable as the next person, there is one character that stands out to me even more than Rory and Lorelai.

Emily Gilmore is the woman we all wish we could be when we’re older. With her classy nature, exquisite taste and take-charge attitude, to me, she is definitely one of the best, if not the best, character on the show.

1. On being picked up for a date

2. On not caring what other people think

3. On avoiding people in public

4. Walking into the club with your BFF like

5. When your BFF’s boyfriend gets her a Kylighter but you just missed the restock

6. Finals week. Enough said.

7. When you’ll stop at absolutely nothing to get a table at that new restaurant that you’ve just been dying to go visit

8. On returning phone calls

9. When someone asks your honest opinion of the top they plan on wearing out that night and you tell them what you *really* think

10. When your trying to figure out what the ‘kids’ are saying

This list is just a small display of why Emily Gilmore is fantastic! If you want to see more Emily, well then you better start binging Gilmore Girls!

Senior at Marymount Manhattan College majoring in Psychology/Communication Arts with a minor in Business Management. Has a penchant for all things fashion-related, especially shoes. She has a shoe collection that rivals Carrie Bradshaw's and hopes to work in the field of Advertising upon graduating from MMC.