element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Fun Things To Do In NYC This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

1. Check out the fun winter village and holiday markets and grab some gifts for people close to your heart!

Locations: Union Square, Columbus Circle, Grand Central, Bryant Park, and More!!

2. Head to Rockefeller Center after shopping your paycheck away at Bryant Park Holiday Market and take a nice picture with the iconic Christmas tree and the amazing decorations.

3. Take a spin ice skating on a chilly day, enjoy some sweet treats around the ice rinks.

Locations: Wollman Rink in Central Park, Bryant Park Rink, Rockefeller Center Rink, Brookfield Place Rink, and more.

4. Have a night on the town with these holiday performances: The NYC Ballet’s Nutcracker, The Brooklyn Ballet’s Nutcracker, or The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular!

5. Grab some cozy hot cocoa and stroll down Fifth Avenue and take a look at all the beautiful holiday displays.

6. Get on over to Queens to see the New York Hall of Science’s Gingerbread Lane—an exhibit full of amazing gingerbread house designs!

Open until January 15th.

7. Head to the Holiday Train Show at the NY Botanical Garden to see some insane NYC buildings and architectures made out of plants.

Open until January 16th.

7. My personal favorite meal for the winter is a warm bowl of ramen, so go and enjoy from some of my favorite locations!

Locations: Jun Men Ramen on 26th & 9th, Mei Jin Ramen on 82nd & 2nd, and Ganso Ramen on Bond St & Livingston St.

8. For those of you who are not as keen to the outdoor shopping experience, there are other indoor shopping centers for you!

Location: Brooklyn Flea Winter Market near the Barclays Center, Chelsea Market, Renegade Craft Fair, BUST Holiday Craftacular, Warming Up Winter Holiday Market at the Queens Museum, and more!

9. When an inevitable blizzard hits, New York parks will be covered in snow! Grab your friends and head on out to go sledding and enjoy the chill!

Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli