ZouLife Tames The Wild

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Bushy eyebrows, unfiled nails and clogged pores can make us look like we’ve come to class straight out of the jungle. Wouldn’t it be nice if there were a spa located right on campus to help fix those problems? Well look no further than ZouLife, a new addition to the Mizzou Recreation Complex that offers a variety of spa services.

ZouLife opened in June after the lease for the Rec’s tanning salon and spa expired last December. This change gave zouLife the opportunity to expand its space, so they renovated the area last semester. According to Jackie McCarty, Mizzou Rec’s membership and marketing coordinator, students took surveys over a period of time about what they thought would work best for the space, and their answers resulted in the new spa. Let the pampering begin.

The services provided include express and spa manicures and pedicures, facials, waxing and deep tissue massages. If that isn’t enough to make you run to the Rec, try one of their personal training package deals. Lifestyle training is great for those of us who could use a little guidance during a workout, but if what you really need someone yelling in your ear, check out the boot camps. All services can be student charged, and walk-ins are welcome, although appointments are recommended for the more popular evening time slots.

TigerX memberships, reservations for cycling classes and reservations for the racquetball/squash courts will now be handled through zouLife. Plus the spa sells organic skincare products and vegan nail polish. Those days of looking wild are over, ladies. With so many offerings at our fingertips, it’s going to be hard not to spoil ourselves.

Photos courtesy of MizzouRec website

Vanessa Meuir is senior majoring in magazine journalism and English. She was born in St. Louis, MO and raised in Columbia, MO where she now attends school. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus Mizzou, she works in Mizzou's athletics department and serves as a writing tutor for students on campus. She has gained most of her journalistic experience while writing and blogging for the Columbia Missourian, a local newspaper, and Vox magazine, a student-run campus magazine. She also gained some publishing experience while interning at The Missouri Review, a literary magazine. When Vanessa is not working or in class, she enjoys maintaining a personal blog that comments on reality television, spending time with her five roommates, reading and dabbling in amateur photography. Among her favorite things are diet coke, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Disney Channel and fuzzy socks.