Your 5 Stages Of Grief After (Spoiler!)’s Death On ‘The Vampire Diaries’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Spoilers head! This means don’t read on if you haven’t seen all new episodes of “The Vampire Diaries.”

It wasn’t easy. In fact, it was very, very hard. Coping with Damon’s death on the season five finale took a lot out of us. In honor of the new season starting Oct. 2, here’s how we all got through it:

Denial: You think to yourself, this must be some type of joke, there is NO WAY they can kill off one of the main characters. Trying to pull a fast one on me, yeah right! 

Anger: Denial soon becomes anger when you see Elena crying and realize that they did in fact just kill off the beauty that is Damon Salvatore. 

Bargaining: You grab a pen and paper and decide to write a choice heartfelt letter to the producer of “The Vampire Diaries,” begging for Damon to come back. 

Depression: You lose control after two weeks have gone by and there is still no response to your award-winning letter. Almost immediately, the tears come and they cannot be stopped. 

Acceptance:  Well, at least there’s still Stefan. 

HC Contributer Mizzou