sandals sidewalk flowers
sandals sidewalk flowers
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus
Style > Fashion

You Need These 5 Pairs of Sandals in Your Summer Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

With every great summer comes a great pair of sandals. Here are my top five picks for comfy sandals that will take you to the beach, hiking and on midnight ice cream runs. 

Chacos

Chacos have been a staple in my wardrobe since 2016, and there’s a good reason why. These sandals are so versatile and can literally be worn everywhere. Going on a short hike? Bring the Chacos. Need some sandals to walk on the beach, better believe your Chacos will get you there and will be easy to clean afterwards. 

These sandals have a strong footbed that will hold up for years. The straps are adjustable so that you can get a unique fit to your foot. 

In addition to the versatility, the fun tan lines the straps give you after wearing them all summer is a great reminder of all the adventures you went on. 

Teva Sandals

Similar to Chacos, Tevas are fashionable shoes that you can seriously wear everywhere. The foam footbed collection is so comfortable and perfect to throw on when you need a comfy sandal to lounge or walk around in. Tevas also come in a variety of heights, from flat to an almost two-inch platform. There are so many options for colors and styles which make this shoe perfect for finding something that fits your style and aesthetic. 

Sketchers

I know what you’re thinking, but there has never been a year that Skechers has let me down when it comes to finding dupes to popular brands at affordable costs. 

I️ am currently in love with their Dr. Martens dupe “Jammers – Poppin,” a $55 sandal on a slight platform bed. These sandals have a squishy footbed, giving the wearer comfort for the entire day. These sandals would be perfect to wear around a theme park or out on a dinner. 

Birkenstock Sandals

This wouldn’t be a complete list without Birkenstock appearing. These shoes literally have carried me to the beach, through my drivers exam at 16 and even my first kiss. 

These shoes are so versatile that you can dress them up for a nice dinner or wear them around town doing errands. While these shoes can be pricey you can always find them second hand or at reduced prices on websites like Nordstrom Rack. 

Birkenstocks will also last you forever with the proper care making them the perfect summer sandal. 

MIA Platform Sandals

I️ am absolutely obsessed with MIA’s line of platform sandals, I️ currently have four pairs with a fifth in my Amazon cart right now. These shoes won’t be great for the beach or for hiking, but they will be the most comfortable sandals you have ever stepped foot in. They come with a squishy footbed, absorbing the pressure from your foot when standing in them. I️ personally wear my MIA sandals when I️ have busy days or work. 

These stylish sandals may not be meant for hiking, lounging by the pool or running into a Target late at night, but they deserve a spot on this list due to their comfortable feel. 

Summer is meant to make memories, don’t let your sneakers hold you back. When purchasing new sandals consider your activity level and personal aesthetic to find the perfect new shoe for you. 

Adrian is an undergraduate student studying journalism at the University of Missouri in Columbia, Mo.