burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Winter Trend: Faux Fur

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

As an avid outerwear enthusiast, I am always looking to spice up my wardrobe with a statement piece to pull an outfit together. This season, I’ve begun to notice a faux fur trend, which I think is here to stick around in 2018.

The great part about fur is that it instantly adds drama to your ensemble. Drab black top and jeans? Add some fur to vamp it up. It will look like you put in time creating your look, but it feels effortless. When shopping for your fur, be wary of online shopping. It’s hard to tell what the fabric will look and feel like. The last thing you want is to look like a walking bathmat. It’s best to do some research on the product or physically go in store and buy it. Forever 21 has some good options if you aren’t looking to break the bank. The one pictured below is $54.90, and it is mid-weight with a satin lining.

Designers are making collections based around fur. The most outstanding furs I have seen thus far are from Maison Atia by Chloe Mendel. I spotted these luxe pieces as I was scrolling through Vogue. They initially caught my eye for their variety of rich colors. A bonus is that these coats are reversible — two designs in one. The hype doesn’t stop there: Mendel’s tagline is, “Buy a coat, save a puppy.” She is partnered with Paws Chicago, and every coat sold provides a homeless puppy transportation to a no-kill shelter. Although these coats are priced steep, I recommend keeping an eye out for this designer. Her innovation is something to be appreciative of!

So, if you don’t have a favorite jacket or coat hanging in your closet, I strongly urge you to buy one of these bad boys and feel boujee day or night.

HC Contributer Mizzou