Why I’m a “Belieber” and You Should Be, Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Ladies, I know many of you are thinking the same thing. We all have a little crush on Justin Bieber, and it’s ok to admit it. Over the past few years, girls across the globe have fallen in love with the Canadian heartthrob. For those collegiettes™ who still aren’t convinced, here are the top five reasons why you can be proud to be a “Belieber,” even if you’re in your 20s.

1. His new haircut – We all know Justin’s original do. He made the “flow” famous. But now that Justin has traded in his luscious locks for a shorter and more mature crop, we can see that he’s all grown up. Let’s be honest – his shorter look also shows off that gorgeous face of his.

[pagebreak]

1. His Christmas album – With fall rolling in and the holiday season just around the corner, Justin has given us another reason to love him with his new single “Mistletoe.” The soft and sweet song not only shows his more personal side, but it also helps to get us ready for this year’s festivities. Want more holiday cheer? Get excited for his first holiday album, Under the Mistletoe, out November 1.

[pagebreak]

1. His growing sophistication – Justin Bieber will turn 18 this March. He’ll no longer be the adorable tween he used to be. Gone are the days of “One Less Lonely Girl.” Say hello to the Justin who sings songs like “Next 2 You” and “That Should Be Me.” The messages in his songs have gotten a little more complex and relatable to an older audience. His lyrics are not the only things that are changing. I think we can also agree he now has deeper and manlier pipes.

[pagebreak]

1. His talent – Justin is not just a one-hit wonder. Go to one of his concerts, and you will see that he has talents in all different areas. He can play the piano, the drums and a few other instruments. He is not someone who got famous off of his dashing good looks. He also has the talent to back up all of his albums.

[pagebreak]

1. His movie – If I haven’t hooked you yet, then it is time for a “Never Say Never” watch party. I don’t care whether you are pre-teen girl, college-age boy or 30-something mom, there is no way you will not be in love after seeing this film. We are able to get a deeper glance into Justin’s personal and family life. We get to view a little more of his kind and sunny disposition, and we also are able to view what really makes him the one and only Justin Bieber.

Vanessa Meuir is senior majoring in magazine journalism and English. She was born in St. Louis, MO and raised in Columbia, MO where she now attends school. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus Mizzou, she works in Mizzou's athletics department and serves as a writing tutor for students on campus. She has gained most of her journalistic experience while writing and blogging for the Columbia Missourian, a local newspaper, and Vox magazine, a student-run campus magazine. She also gained some publishing experience while interning at The Missouri Review, a literary magazine. When Vanessa is not working or in class, she enjoys maintaining a personal blog that comments on reality television, spending time with her five roommates, reading and dabbling in amateur photography. Among her favorite things are diet coke, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Disney Channel and fuzzy socks.