Style > Fashion

Who Design’s Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour Outfits?

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

While we are waiting for The Eras Tour to return in May and anticipating the release of The Tortured Poets Department, I thought we could take this time to highlight Swift’s Eras Tour outfits. Swift wears some spectacular outfits during her three-hour set for the Eras Tour and each look is inspired by the era of music she’s performing in. For example, the Reputation look features snakes and a red and black color scheme – a prevalent theme when the Reputation era was announced. But who are the designers behind her fabulous outfits? 

Starting with the Lover Era, Swift begins the show in an Atelier Versace crystal embellished bodysuit. The iconic bodysuits are featured on The Eras Tour Movie posters and are one of the most recreated among fans. Swift has several different versions but my personal favorite is the all-pink bodysuit she wore for the first time in Argentina. Versace is also responsible for the sparkly blazers Swift wears during The Man performance. 

Moving onto the Fearless Era, Swift wears dresses designed by Fausto Puglisi under the brand Roberto Cavalli. One of the dresses is a mini with gold fringe dangling down. The other design for the Fearless Era is a mini dress that begins in gold and fades to silver at the bottom. It features hand-applied degradé Swarovski crystals and was designed by Puglisi, who is also behind her Reputation Era bodysuit. According to Fashionista, Puglisi grew up in Sicily and trained under Sicilian tailors, but moved to New York at a young age to pursue his dream of working in the fashion industry. 

For the Evermore Era, Swift wears various dresses from Etro. My favorite is her one-of-a-kind burgundy fil coupé dress which was created by Marco de Vincenzo. The dress is a gorgeous burgundy color with sparkles throughout. It’s flowy and perfect for the Evermore Era when Swift sings “Willow” and “Champagne Problems.” The other dresses Swift wears for Evermore such as the yellow tie-front dress, are also designed under Etro. 

Although short, the Speak Now era contains show-stopping luxury ball gowns. One of the brands Swift works with is Nicole + Felicia Couture. Nicole and Felicia Chang are sisters who founded their brand in 2015 with a mission to redefine modern luxury bridalwear. The sisters are the designers behind Swift’s iconic Speak Now ballgowns. The Chang sisters have made-to-order collections, but you can also contact them for custom orders. According to Nicole and Felicia’s Instagram, the third custom gown they created for the Eras Tour took over 2,100 hours to complete. The gown is a light blue color with intricate sequins, crystals and beadwork. 

In the Red Era, Taylor wears custom designs by Ashish Gupta under the label Ashish. There are several sequin T-shirts for Swift along with a sparkly bodysuit that is red on the top and black on the bottom. Swift also wears a long sequin overcoat with the same color scheme during her “All Too Well” performance, also designed by Ashish. On Instagram Ashish captioned a photo of Taylor wearing one of his designs by saying “Such fun to revisit a classic” with a red heart next to it. 

For the Folklore Era, Swift wears delicate and flowy custom Alberta Ferretti gowns. Swift has several colors including the dusty pink chiffon gown she wears with the crystal embroideries, a custom blue gown, a tiered cream gown with micro-beading embroideries, and a purple gown that she kicked off the Eras Tour Folklore set with. The gowns are free-flowing and give the perfect vibe for songs such as “August” and “The Last Great American Dynasty.” 

In the 1989 Era, Puglisi once again designed the iconic 1989 sequin two-piece set under the label Roberto Cavalli. Each crystal and fringe was applied by hand and was also handcrafted. The sets, made entirely by hand, are adorned with Swarovski crystals and come in several colors including fuchsia, orange, green, and blue. This is perfect for when Taylor is singing her hits such as “Style” and “Bad Blood” because the lights catch the crystals and really make her shine. For this era, Swift was styled by Joesph Cassell Falconer. The pieces are absolutely gorgeous and pair nicely with matching sparkly ankle boots in the same colors. 

For her Acoustic set, Jessica Jones is the designer behind the feared yellow dress – and the green and red ones. If you are unaware, the yellow dress is usually worn for the most anticipated surprise songs. The dresses are flowy and are designed to go over Swift’s 1989 costume.  Jones has previously worked with Swift in 2019 for outfits during the Lover era and in 2017 for Reputation. 

Finally, in the Midnights Era, Swift wears Oscar de la Renta for her “Vigilante Shit” bodysuit as well as her furry coat and sequin t-shirt dress seen during “Lavender Haze.” The t-shirt dress features crystal embroidery like many of her previous costumes. The midnight bodysuit has over 5,300 hand-embroidered crystals and beads on the bodice and fringe necklaces draped on the bottom to catch the light when Swift performs.

I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about the people behind the Eras Tour fashion. I cannot wait to see if Taylor wears any new designs once she heads back out on tour in May for the European leg.

Hi! My name is Addison Fouts and I am a senior here at Mizzou. I'm our social media manager for twitter, threads, and facebook! I'm majoring in journalism but plan to go to law school. I love fashion, makeup, and anything lifestyle. I also love traveling and going to concerts! I'm so excited for you all to read my articles, and for more updates follow me on my socials! LinkedIn: Addison Fouts https://www.linkedin.com/in/addison-fouts-a09a71229/