When Your Period Comes At The Absolute Worst Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Every month, we women are greeted with a friendly visit from our Aunt Flo. In hindsight, I suppose it’s a good thing that we get our periods each month, as it’s a vital sign that we aren’t pregnant (hallelujah!). However, it would also appear that Aunt Flo comes at the worse possible time. And when that time happens to be at boy’s place (who we all know lack the necessary “products”), it becomes, let’s just say, an ordeal that we do not want to repeat. 

First, you wake up in the middle of the night in terror because you just know that you started your period.

You jump out of bed faster than when you grabbed the last slice of pizza a couple hours ago and pray to the period gods that maybe you didn’t get your period…

… only to be met with sadness and disappointment.

You tiptoe to your purse in the hopes that he doesn’t wake up.

Of course he wakes up because why would this ever be easy?

As you are rummaging through your purse, he goes back to sleep and just like that, you’ve struck gold — and by gold I mean a tampon.

You get back in bed feeling like you just solved world hunger, only to be awoken 20 minutes later to the sound of his alarm. 

Well, at least I got it right?

Sarah Kloepple is a junior journalism student at Mizzou. She embraces her addiction to good television and the fact that she knows way too much movie trivia. Originally from St. Louis, Sarah loves spending time with family and friends and stopping frequently at any good frozen custard place (preferably Ted Drewe's). When she's not with her oldest friend Netflix, you can find her typing furiously on her computer somewhere or reading a good book outside. Follow her on Twitter: @skloep.