Weekly Snapshot: Week of September 11th

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Here is our week in review at Mizzou! All photos taken by Alexandria Wells. 

Tuesday:

During a walk downtown, we stopped to listen to this wonderful street performer as he played.

Across from Rollins Dining Hall, students could be seen lined up outside for a practice fire drill. During this first month back, every residence hall must perform emergency drills.

These lovely ladies seized the good weather to walk their dogs Tuesday night.

Wednesday:

After another long day, the Mizzou campus is gifted with a beautiful sunset pictured here from the corner of Rollins and Virginia Avenues.

This week was Campus Safety Week. The local firefighters did a demonstration in which they burned a faux dorm room. In was completely burned in just 80 seconds.

Local policemen and firefighters, along with faculty and students, gathered outside Lowry Mall and Speaker’s Circle to promote campus safety. This event included a fire demonstration, free pizza and an obstacle course.

Thursday:

Here a member of the Anthropology Club attempts to use a primitive weapon that dates back to before the bow and arrow.  

The student center (on the right) glows from the light of the sunset.  

Friday:

As the sun set, one student sits outside Plaza 900 playing his guitar.

The blood donor dogs from the vet clinic here enjoy a walk on Friday afternoon. Volunteers and vet students walk the dogs every day. After living three years here on campus as a blood donor, the dogs are put up for adoption.

HC Contributer Mizzou