This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The 2018 Grammy Awards gave the audience several things to talk about. From unforgettable performances to hilarious celebrity interactions, here’s a list of the top five most talked about moments of the Grammys.

1. Tony Bennett’s thumbs up

Source: Giphy

To kick off the night, Kendrick Lamar and Rihanna won Best Rap Collaboration. And it just so happens that Tony Bennett is Kendrick’s number one fan. As Kendrick was giving his acceptance speech, Tony Bennett showed his support with a double thumbs up. This is a friendship we didn’t know we needed until now.

2. Janelle Monáe’s speech

Before introducing Kesha, Janelle Monáe stood resolute as she called attention to the “Time’s Up” movement. She spoke of the importance of women in both the music industry and everyday life, saying, “we come in peace, but we mean business.” She encouraged the artists in attendance to reject the inequalities and discrimination that have been uncovered in Hollywood and to stand up for equal pay and safe work environments for men and women.

Kesha’s “Praying” performance

The most emotional moment of the night was Kesha’s performance of “Praying.” Alongside female artists including Cyndi Lauper and Camila Cabello, Kesha belted her heart out and showed support for the #MeToo movement. The song ended with a caring group hug among the female vocalists.

Logic’s “1-800-273-8255” performance

Logic made an important speech at the end of the song, making this final performance unforgettable. After a song shining a light on suicide prevention, the rapper gave a speech touching on social justice. He also didn’t shy away from mentioning Donald Trump and his disrespectful comments about African countries. Logic ended his speech stating, “for together, we can build not just a better country, but a better world that is destined to be united.”

Blue Ivy

Source: Metro

Finally, Blue Ivy gave us the most mysterious moment of the night. As her parents Beyoncé and Jay-Z applauded Camila Cabello during her moving speech about Dreamers, Blue Ivy stopped them from clapping. Did she have something important to tell them? Who knows, but let’s all be proud of her for being brave enough to hush Queen Bey.  

Social Media Director • Mizzou Her Campus chapter Journalism - Magazine Design • Art & History minor • University of Missouri - Columbia      
HC Contributer Mizzou