Top 5 Super Bowl TV Ads

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The Super Bowl is always the biggest day of the year for advertisers. With a price tag of up to $5 million for a 30-second spot, the pressure is on to make a perfect commercial. While some considered Super Bowl 50 a disappointing year for advertisements, there were still a few winners in the mix. Check out our top five favorite ads from the game.

5. “#GiveADamn” by Budweiser

British actress Helen Mirren delivers a hilariously deprecatory speech about drunk driving, making a serious message both lighthearted and memorable.

4. “First Date” by Hyundai

The overprotective dad is a classic Hollywood move, but Kevin Hart manages to make it even more entertaining.

3. “Ultrasound” by Doritos

Doritos always has the funniest (and weirdest) Super Bowl commercials, and this year was no exception. Their unique method of crowdsourcing advertisements paid off once again when social media blew up with praise for the commercial.

2. “Wiener Stampede” by Heinz

What’s cuter than a bunch of wiener dogs wearing wiener costumes running through a field? Nothing.

1. “Ryanville” by Hyundai

Does this one even need an explanation? An entire. Town. Filled. With Ryan Reynolds. *drools*

Schedule

Writer. Traveler. Starbucks regular.
A writer and creator with a weird sense of humor. A big fan of the golden rule and an even bigger fan of the Blackhawks. Chicago-born, Mizzou-made. HCXO