Style

Throwback to 80’s Winter (Olympic) Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you’re wanting to get in touch with your inner 80’s style in honor of the winter Olympics and the “I, Tonya” release , follow these trends that everyone rocked in the totally tubular decade!

Spandex. This was EVERYWHERE in the 80s. People wore spandex leggings, shorts and even bodysuits. Just take a look at any of your parents old photos, I’m sure some outfits featuring spandex will pop up time and time again.

Leg Warmers. What could possibly go wrong with a pair of leg warmers on a winter day in the 80s? That’s right, nothing! This trend was a major hit, and it has come back around in the fashion world since.

Fur everything. Even Tonya Harding herself was known for sporting fur attire around at a young age. The figure skater wasn’t the only one in on the trend. Fur was apparent everywhere in the 80’s winters. Here’s a picture of Margot Robbie portraying Tonya in a fur coat!

source: dailymail

Neon. Nothing screams the 80s more than bright colored clothing! From color blocked sweaters, to leggings to scrunchies, neon was the way to go.

Statement hair and makeup. Everyone wanted big hair in the 80s, so people either embraced their curls or went for a perm, no doubt! Also a cute trend for the winter time, icy blue eyeliner or eyeshadow and a bright pink lip.

Source: Buzzfeed

HC Contributer Mizzou