The scoop on Selena Gomez’s upcoming documentary ‘My Mind and Me’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Attention all Selenators… this one is for you! Selena Gomez recently hit fans with some exciting news.

The Grammy-nominated singer, actress, executive producer, and founder of Rare Beauty just added another item to her successful resumé – a documentary that already has fans ready to “Come & Get it”. 

Let’s get into the details of what is known about the star’s upcoming documentary so far. 

When is the release date? 

My Mind & Me is set to release Nov. 4 on Apple TV+. 

“The doc focuses on Gomez, who after years in the limelight, achieves unimaginable stardom. But just as she reaches a new peak, an unexpected turn pulls her into darkness. This uniquely raw and intimate documentary spans her six-year journey into a new light,” Apple TV+ reports. 

My Mind & Me will also open the 36th edition of the American Film Institute Festival in Los Angeles on Nov. 2 – just two days before the Apple TV+ premiere.

What topics will be addressed?

Although viewers won’t truly know what Selena will discuss in her documentary until its release, the film received an R-rating so it’s expected to cover tough subjects. Fans speculate the three-hour documentary will address moments such as Selena’s mental health struggles, the cancellation of the Revival tour, her battle with lupus, her diagnosis of bipolar disorder, and past romantic relationships. Fans are even expecting to see celebrity cameos in the film such as Taylor Swift and Cara Delevingne. 

The Apple Original Film is directed and produced by Alek Keshishian, who is best known for his work on the 1991 documentary, Madonna: Truth or Dare. Alek is known for his beautifully unfiltered and candid work. 

“I had no interest in making a traditional pop doc,” says Keshishian. “I wanted to show something more authentic and Selena did, too. She has a raw vulnerability that captured me… I had no idea then that it would become a six-year labor of love.”

How are fans reacting? 

The news of the documentary has received nothing but positive attention. Fans are excited to see an even more intimate side to Selena and her life, beyond the tabloids and paparazzi. 

“Selena is one of the celebs that deserves the world. She’s so kind, humble and talented. Excited to see her documentary,” one fan tweeted. 

Another tweeting, “Thinking about all the things Selena has been going through behind the cameras all this time, crying. This woman truly deserves the world, I’m so stoked for this documentary- I know it’s gonna be a whole experience and I’m absolutely ready to see it all.”

Get your popcorn ready Selenators – this is gonna be good. Selena Gomez: My Mind & Me premieres Nov. 4 on Apple TV+. 

Hey! My name is Brooklynn and I'm a junior at the University of Missouri. I love writing about entertainment, fashion, beauty, wellness, and current events! When I'm not writing, you'll find me watching reality TV or shopping online.