This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

By now you’ve probably heard the news, but if you haven’t… *insert drum roll*… Big Time Rush is back! This means that your favorite Nickelodeon boy band will be live on the stage again for two more shows. Kendall Schmidt, James Maslow, Carlos Pena Jr. and Logan Henderson will be performing these two concerts this December in Chicago and New York City. This will be the boys’ (or should we call them men now?) first performance together since 2014. 

The television show Big Time Rush first aired in 2009 on Nickelodeon. The show centered around four Minnesota hockey players getting their big break in Hollywood and forming a boy band. Each episode had the boys dealing with some funny problem then solving it, most of the time, with a new song. Right after the show was released the boys’ faces started showing up everywhere. For the most part, their faces were on posters slapped onto teenage girls’ bedroom walls all throughout the country. They became the celebrities every young girl fantasized about. By 2012, Big Time Rush had their first tour titled Better with U. However, by 2013 the television series was canceled and Big Time Rush concerts came to a halt in 2014.

The ticket prices for these two concerts are already skyrocketing. Vivid Seats even stated that the minimum price for a Big Time Rush ticket is $306 but with an average price of $2106. Although, many people are desperate to see a glimpse of their childhood crush so the price might seem more reasonable to some. 

Fans have also been curious about what the setlist will include for the 2021 shows. While the official setlist hasn’t been released yet, it is easy to assume what songs will most likely be played based on their previous setlists and most popular songs. Here are a few of my guesses of songs that will make it onto the 2021 setlist:

• Big Time Rush
  • Boyfriend
  • Windows Down 
  • Worldwide
  • Famous 
  • Any Kind of Guy
  • Confetti Falling
  • Elevate
  • City is Ours

At this time, it’s also unclear who the openers will be or if there will be any at all. In the past, the band had a variety of artists open for them such as Victoria Justice, Jackson Guthy, Olivia Somerlyn and Cody Simpson. However, because this is a reunion show it wouldn’t be hard to believe that they would want to do the show completely on their own or have another band that hasn’t performed for years open for them as well. Either way, I’m curious to hear all about mid-December!

My name is Julia Dehner and I am a Junior at the University of Missouri. I'm currently majoring in strategic communication through the journalism institute and minoring in Italian studies.