Fab Fit Fun Summer Box
Fab Fit Fun Summer Box
Original photo by Makenna Tourville
Style

The FabFitFun Box That’s All Over Your Instagram Ads

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

If you have Instagram it’s almost impossible to miss the FabFitFun ads. From former reality contestants to Instagram models, all your faves have been seen promoting the subscription box. 

FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box that offers up to eight lifestyle items worth over $200. Items range from makeup, workout gear, clothing, home decor and more. Depending on the membership you choose, you can customize the entire box. The price for the subscription box ranges from $45-49.99 a month. 

This month I finally decided to cave and buy a FabFitFun box after seeing the box item options. I bought the annual subscription so I was able to choose all of my items. 

First Choice Item: Society6 Outdoor Blanket.

Everyone in CoMo knows that a picnic blanket is essential for sitting out on the quad so I thought this item would be perfect for that. I love the print of this blanket and how it folds up for convenient travel.

Second Choice Item: OUAI Detox Shampoo + Scalp Massager.

I’ve been a fan of this hair care brand for a while so when I saw that this product was an option, I had to try it out. I love the scent of this shampoo and surprisingly, I use the scalp massager frequently. I typically have fake nails on so the scalp massager is very useful. 

Third Choice Item: BaubleBar Build Your Own Bracelet Kit.

I love making jewelry so choosing this kit was a no brainer. 

Fourth Choice Item: Ciaté London Watermelon Dewy Setting Spray.

I’ve only used this setting spray once, but so far I like this product. The scent does smell like watermelon and I feel like this did make my makeup last.

Fifth Choice Item: dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Purifying Cleanser.

This cleanser is aimed towards dealing with blackheads and breakouts. I haven’t noticed any difference towards minimizing pores and blackheads, but I do think this is a decent cleanser for preventing blackheads.

Sixth Choice Items: Seraphine Botanicals Fruit Butter Lip Mask, Barefoot Scientist Pedicure File, HIP Cutlery Set.

This last customization came with three products. I love the lip mask as it’s super hydrating and I know I’ll use the travel cutlery set in the future. However, I know the pedicure file will not get any use so that’s the only item in this box I wasn’t completely satisfied with. 

Verdict: According to FabFitFun, my box has a value of $290.99. I think this box is such a great deal considering all products are full size and the ability to customize the box to your taste. Compared to past subscription boxes that I’ve tried in the past, this is my favorite box that I’ve ever received. This box has the most products that I personally enjoy and I think the price is worth the items you receive. 

If you’re interested in trying out this box you can purchase it here and get $10 off your first box!

Hi! My name’s Makenna and I’m currently studying textile and apparel management at Mizzou. I am interested in ethical fashion, sustainability, and traveling.