This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Everyone knows Taylor Swift took the entertainment industry by storm as a young teen with her talent for songwriting.  Since her debut, Taylor has worn many faces and shifted through her own eras of fame.  Her new music video “Look What You Made Me Do” showcases her most famous faces and endless drama while making clear this is the beginning of a Taylor no one ever saw coming.  

Let’s throw back and take a look at the “dead” Taylors.  

OG Taylor (the girl next door)

She marks the beginning of the phenomenon that IS Taylor Swift. With her long blonde curly hair and a love for sparkles, America met its newest sweetheart.  The famous songs “You Belong With Me” and other hits from the album “Fearless” put Taylor on the charts and in front of the eyes of millions.

Speak Now Taylor

She continued to rise in fame while dating some of the most common celeb crushes and, of course, writing songs about them! Featured in the newest music video with the same dress and guitar worn on the Speak Now tour, meet the one noted as “fake” Taylor. Her music and personality were loved by many during this time, but the famous VMA remarks from Kanye started one of the most talked about feuds in Hollywood.   

Red Taylor

The circus outfit from her Red tour screams the start of change. Taylor’s career flourished during this era with record breaking sales and endless love from devoted fans. Heartbreaks kept record sales high, especially when the short-winded romance with Harry Styles began to crumble. Marking a period of maturity and independence, Red was a time to remember.

1989 Taylor

Say goodbye to country music, T-Swift fans. A whole new sound marks this phase, paired with sleek hair and the famous red lip look.  If anyone knows how to reinvent oneself, it’s this Taylor. The ballerina outfit from “Shake It Off” surely did not go unnoticed (especially with the sass voiced during the last scene of “Look What You Made Me Do”).  

Finally…

Reputation Taylor

Who knows what’s in store for the rising face of Taylor Swift. We can try to pick apart her new video to understand, but with a completely erased social media, we all just have to wait and find out what she’s planning.  Everything aside (including the song itself), the “Look What You Made Me Do” video left me speechless.  Personally, I’m praying for some good car jams. Let’s get ready to see what the edgy, darker T-Swift throws at the world.  

HC Contributer Mizzou