Summer Concerts You Can’t Miss!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Nothing says summer like a concert venue at dusk, packed with people, just as the air starts to cool off from a long day of heat. Standing shoulder to shoulder with a cold one in your hand and good friends by your side can create memories for a lifetime. 

This summer presents a stellar line-up of country music stars coming to Missouri, including Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood (dates and venues listed below). The Brad Paisley concert in St. Louis is a super show of sorts; it will include accompaniment from Keith Urban, Lee Brice, Chris Young, Dustin Lynch, and Little Big Town. However, if you’re only a Paisley fan, he’s performing solo the night afterwards. 

Similarly, Kenny Chesney is having a cluster of country stars preform with him in Kansas City including Erich Church, Eli Young Band, and Kacey Musgraves.  The same show will be in St. Louis a week later, but without Eric Church. If you’re a big fan, plan for KC. Luke Bryan fans: this is your second chance. If you missed the concert two weekends ago, he’ll be back in St. Louis in June!

All of these shows still have close seats and decent pricing. Tickets for Carrie Underwood, May 1st in Kansas City, is the only show that is almost sold out, so look for tickets today before they’re all gone!

Outside of country music, there are a couple of boy band concerts you shouldn’t miss. The Fall Out Boy reunion sparked a tour that will hit both Kansas City and St. Louis in June. The tour is devoted to promoting their new album, Save Rock and Roll, although old hits will surely get played as well.  One Direction will preforming in KC in July. The only drawback of attending that one is being surrounded by crazed 9-13 year olds. Most excitingly, there is a 90’s revival tour with New Kids on the Block, 98 Degrees, and Boyz II Men, stopping in both St. Louis and Kansas City, that no true 90s fan-girl should miss.

Kansas Citians, look out for the Tech N9NE concert in May, as well as Vampire Weekend, and Of Monsters and Men. All of these concerts are before classes end, but taking a road trip for good music is an acceptable study break in my eyes. 

St. Louisans, there is not a single notable concert in July, so plan to going to all of your concerts in June, or plan on taking some road trips. If you’re staying the summer in Columbia, taking road trips for concerts will be imperative. There’s going to be a concert drought until school starts up again. The only headliner will be Dierks Bently, at the Blue Note on June 13th.

When you’re on your way back to school, don’t miss the Bruno Mars and Ellie Goulding Concert in both KC and St. Louis, in August. Taylor Swift also is performing two shows in Kansas City in early August, promoting her new album Red.

Columbia

June

13th- Dierks Bently (The Blue Note) 

St. Louis

May

9th- Brad Paisley, keith urban, lee brice, chris young, dustin lynch, little big town (Verizon Wireless) 

10th- Brad Paisley (Verizon Wireless) 

23rd- TIm McGraw (Verizon Wireless) 

June

14th- Luke Bryan (Verizon Wireless) 

27th- Kenny Chesney with Eli Young Band and Kacey Musgraves (Verizon Wireless) 

28- Fall Out Boy (The Pageant) 

30th- New Kids on the Block, 98 Degrees, Boyz II Men (Scottrade Center) 

July

August

8th- Bruno Mars and Ellie Goulding (Scottrade Center) 

Kansas City

May

1st- Carrie Underwood (Sprint Center)

12th- Tech N9NE (The Midland by AMC)

19th- Vampire Weekend (The Midland by AMC)

21st- Of Monsters and Men ( The Crossroads) 

June

15th- Kenny Chesney with Eric Church, Eli Young Band, and Kacey Musgraves (Arrowhead) 

26th- Fall Out Boy (Uptown Theatre)

July

19th- One Direction (Sprint Center)

21st- New Kids on the Block, 98 Degrees, Boyz II Men (Sprint Center)

August

3rd and 4th- Taylor Swift (Sprint Center)

9th- Bruno Mars and Ellie Goulding (Sprint Center) 

Freshman J-school student at University of Missouri. Originally from Atlanta, Georgia and a southern girl at heart.
Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.