Style Snapshot: Spring Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Chances are you’ve read all the available style reports out there, know exactly what to wear in the spring and are secretly drooling over Donna Karan’s latest tribal-inspired collection – and then comes the unavoidable I-wish-I-had-the-money moment. Lighten up your mood because here at Her Campus Mizzou, we believe in staying chic without breaking the bank.

Bold prints x tangerine tango
Here you have two of the most celebrated trends of spring in one outfit. If tribal prints aren’t necessarily your favorite, try either vibrant floral prints or pixelated, futuristic graphics. If you try out one new shade, pick tangerine tango. Hello, Pantone’s color of the year.

Dress, $35
Fringe bag, $65
Rhinestone necklace, $20

Cropped tops x the blue hues
These are two other trends to look out for. Be aware that when you wear cropped tops, you should still keep it tasteful by not revealing too much flesh. On the other hand, if you’re slightly more conservative when it comes to colors, stick with deeper blue hues, such as royal, indigo and cobalt.

Cropped striped pullover, $22.49
Rusty brown skinny jeans, $45
Multi-layer chain necklace, $25

Solid colors x pastel
Aren’t we all excited to finally see some soft pastel after many seasons of vibrant color block? Scores of designers incorporated lighter palettes into their spring collections – and so can you.

Color block tube dress, $35

All from Britches Clothing

Lindsay Roseman is a senior at the University of Missouri, studying magazine journalism and Spanish. In Columbia, she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity, Mizzou For Malawi Steering Committee, and can be spotted on campus touring potential Journalism School-ers. This Chicago native loves a good Jodi Picoult book, trying new foods, traveling, and hitting the pavement for a run. After reporting for the school newspaper and interning in her hometown, she spent the summer in NYC at Women's Health Magazine and now is so excited for a great year with HC Mizzou!