Style Snapshot: Hidden Gems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Vintage has been the number one trend for a couple of years now. We all have that one item we would love to steal from our mother’s or grandmother’s closets. With all the vintage stores around the country, you’re sure to find a similar piece, but luckily for you, there are a few right here in Columbia. Here’s some hidden gems we found in Blackberry Exchange and in Maude Vintage and Clothing.

Shine away
What better way to shine this homecoming than with a fully sequined shirt? If a shirt isn’t enough for you, head downtown to Blackberry Exchange to see the numerous sequined dresses available. Don’t be afraid to let your inner diva out.

Price: $18 from Blackberry Exchange

[pagebreak] 

Victorian lace
Take it back to the Victorian era with this all lace blouse. It took a couple rounds circling Blackberry Exchange before this was spotted, so have patience and as the Brits would say, “Keep calm and carry on.”

Price: $22 from Blackberry Exchange

[pagebreak] 

No need to blush
Nudes are big this fall, and this blush dress fits the bill. Try pairing it with a blazer, a pair of your favorite pumps and an arm full of bracelets. It’s simple, yet beautiful.

Price: $14.50 from Blackberry Exchange

[pagebreak]

Hat attack
What better way to go back in time than with a 1920s hat? Channel your inner Angelina Jolie when you wear this hat with a pea coat. You’ll look as if you could have stolen her role of Mrs. Collins in Changeling.

Price: $13 from Maude Vintage and Clothing

Lindsay Roseman is a senior at the University of Missouri, studying magazine journalism and Spanish. In Columbia, she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity, Mizzou For Malawi Steering Committee, and can be spotted on campus touring potential Journalism School-ers. This Chicago native loves a good Jodi Picoult book, trying new foods, traveling, and hitting the pavement for a run. After reporting for the school newspaper and interning in her hometown, she spent the summer in NYC at Women's Health Magazine and now is so excited for a great year with HC Mizzou!