Staff Spotlight: Samantha Bowers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

This week, we decided one of our staff members is far too cool to ignore. Samantha Bowers transferred here from Missouri State in 2016, and she’s definitely making her mark. She has an Instagram with over 10k followers and a blog filled with fashion, food and fitness. She’s been a staff member here at Her Campus since fall 2016, and you can check out her articles here for all sorts of kickin’ advice. 

Hometown: Harrisonville, Missouri

Year in school: Junior

Dream Job: News Anchor

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Minor: Political Science

Relationship Status: Now Accepting Applications

Campus Involvement: staff member for Her Campus, member of the College Republicans

Why did you choose Mizzou?  I have always wanted to be a Tiger! Mizzou is the no. 1 journalism school in the world, so I feel so lucky to get to pursue this career at a school with endless opportunities.

Turn Ons: Confidence, athleticism, a positive attitude, a good sense of humor and a hard work ethic.

Turn Offs: Excessive text messaging, improper grammar usage (journalism major probs) and unhealthy eating.

Most Embarrassing Moment: Slipping in a puddle of water in front of my entire hometown when my name was announced at my first varsity basketball game.

Favorite Pick-up Line: Since my minor is Political Science: “On a scale of one to America, how free are you tonight?”

Favorite MovieBridesmaids

Favorite Food: Protein shakes… Yes, I am being serious. 

Celebrity Crush: Zac Efron

Fun/unique fact about yourself: I haven’t eaten a french fry in 7 years.

If you could trade lives with anyone, who would it be and why? Megyn Kelly. I loved reading her book, and I actually got to go to a luncheon and hear her speak in person. Her rise to success is such an inspiration to me, and I hope to follow in her footsteps as a prominent, respected woman in television.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully, in 10 years I will be living in New York City and work as a news anchor for a major network. In my spare time, my future husband and I travel the world and have already been to Santorini, Rome, Paris and Spain.

What’s been your favorite part about college so far? When I attended Missouri State, I had the opportunity to host a televised cooking competition my freshman and sophomore years. This has definitely been my favorite part of college so far because I got such great hands-on experience in the industry I am hoping to work in one day. Not to mention, being surrounded by delicious food all day wasn’t half bad either. 

Ideal/perfect date: Going to a baseball game, working out together or cooking a healthy meal.