Staff Spotlight: Sadie Collins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

This week’s Staff Spotlight is Sadie Collins, our Senior Editor here at Her Campus! Not only does Sadie have the most fun hair colors you’ve ever seen and love a good liquid lipstick, but she also is an amazing writer and editor! Take a peak into Sadie’s life and learn more about one of our most dedicated members! 

Hometown: Columbia, Missouri

Year in school: Sophomore

Dream Job: Honestly? Children’s author!

Major: Magazine Editing

Minor: Textile and Apparel Management 

Relationship Status: The most single Pringle

Campus Involvement: Editor for Her Campus, MU Honors College member, former member of the MU Magazine Club and frequent flyer at Sunshine Sushi (I eat there so much I feel like it counts)

Why did you choose Mizzou? It’s my hometown, of course! I grew up around Mizzou, so it was an obvious choice. 

Turn Ons: Kindness, likes sweets, punny sense of humor and knows what Colour Pop is 

Turn Offs: Boat shoes, Fox News, misogyny and Ibiza 

Most Embarrassing Moment: On the last day of 9th grade, I wore a giant fake bird in my hair and three fluffy tutus stacked on top of one another. That day happened to be an assembly, and I walked across the gymnasium in front of everyone to accept an award. At the time, I thought I was the height of fashion. My friends never let me forget it. 

Favorite Pick-up Line: “Hey boy, did it hurt when you fell from 7 Eleven?”

Favorite MovieAmelie

Favorite Food: Lavender milk tea with boba, boi. I’d live off those little tapioca balls if I could

Celebrity Crush: Ezra Miller, and Matthew Perry circa season 3 of “Friends”

Fun/unique fact about yourself: I own over 120 tubes of lipstick!

If you could trade lives with anyone, who would it be and why? Rosanna Pansino (a baker on YouTube). She makes nerdy baked goods, has perfect hair, owns a precious dog named Cookie, is tiny and adorable and makes around $2.5 million a year. Basically, perfection.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? If all goes to plan, in 10 years I’ll be a successful children’s author living in a cottage somewhere with my husband in some undisclosed forest. We own plenty of rescue dogs and may or may not have faked our own deaths. 

What’s been your favorite part about college so far? A bunch of little things, to be honest. Just being more independent and on-the-go. Also, it’s definitely expanded my horizons and allowed me to experience a wide range of opinions that I’d have never gotten to experience otherwise! Especially Her Campus; joining was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made!

Ideal/perfect date: Walking around somewhere, like downtown or the mall, grabbing little bites to eat from a bunch of different shops. The whole walk is downhill, so I don’t become a sweaty mess.

HC Contributer Mizzou