Staff Spotlight: Amanda Lundgren, Senior Editor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

For this week’s profile, we’re putting the spotlight on our staff. Amanda Lundgren has been a part of Her Campus Mizzou since 2015. She began as a features writer and is now our senior editor. She switched roles from the interviewer to the interviewee this week to talk more about herself before she leaves for her semester-long internship in London.

Hometown: Waunakee, Wisconsin

Year in school:  Junior

Dream Job: Editor of a women’s interest magazine

Major: Magazine editing

Minor: Textile and apparel management

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle with some British lads

Campus Involvement: Senior Editor of Her Campus Mizzou, MU Honors College member, former member of the Mizzou Magazine Club and former staff writer for The Maneater

Why did you choose Mizzou?  It’s the best journalism school in the world!

Turn Ons: Ambition, good music taste, musicians, good style… and corn-fed lumbersexuals

Turn Offs: Frat bros, misogynists, people who aren’t funny and people who think reverse racism exists

Most Embarrassing Moment: The time I took a huge tumble during a volleyball game in front of 100+ people

Favorite Pick-up Line: Don’t.

Favorite Movie: Across the Universe

Favorite Food: Red tofu curry from Thai Express

Celebrity Crush: Harry Styles (always and forever) and Alex Turner

Fun/unique fact about yourself: I’ve seen over 70 bands in concert!

If you could trade lives with anyone, who would it be and why? Tess Christine (a YouTuber) because she is living my dream—living in a nice apartment with her photographer boyfriend in Brooklyn, has impeccable style, gorgeous, has an amazing (and fun!) job… I could go on.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully, I’m working at a women’s magazine or website on the digital/social media side (in New York City, of course.) I live in a tastefully designed apartment with my boyfriend (he works in real estate) and my French bulldog. I can afford the clothes I want, but I’m not too snobby to shop at Zara and ASOS.

What’s been your favorite part about college so far? Learning the skills of my industry, building important relationships and studying things that I would never have gotten the chance to in high school.

Ideal/perfect date: Going to a concert, hiking or having a picnic!