Staff Spotlight: Alex Arger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

This week’s staff spotlight is one of our amazing writers, Alex Arger! Alex is an amazingly upbeat lady that brightens MU’s journalism school. She’s going to go far in the broadcasting world, so to learn more about Alex, keep on reading!

Hometown: St. Charles, MO

Year in school: Sophomore

Dream Job: Host of E! News or Entertainment Tonight

Major: Journalism, emphasis in TV/Radio

Minor: Textile & Apparel Management

Relationship Status: My boyfriend is ‘ight.

Campus Involvement: Writer for Her Campus, Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity, Clothing Specialist on the Mizzou Victoria’s Secret PINK Campus Team

Why did you choose Mizzou? I first planned on moving far far away, but when it got down to the wire, I had to choose Mizzou because of the J-school. Other than that, I had fun when I visited friends here and knew I’d always have something to do.

Turn Ons: Personable and charismatic, funny, stylish, driven

Turn Offs: Unmotivated, judgmental, bad with my family

Favorite Pick-up Line: Honestly, I hate pick up lines. But if you tell me I seem like a future Giuliana Rancic, you’re in. 

Favorite Movie: Rent. I could literally say every single word to Rent if needed.

Favorite Food: Cheese. Feta, swiss, brie. Sometimes I think I could go vegan, then I see chips and queso. 

Celebrity Crush: Either Hemsworth brother. The muscles and the accents really get me. They also both have a twinkle in their eye or something when they’re on camera. Sadly, both (and I) are taken.

Fun/unique fact about yourself: I have really weird theories. I think raspberry lemonade tastes like the word cube. Please go drink some and tell me what you think. There have been mixed opinions, you could say.

If you could trade lives with anyone, who would it be and why? Miley Cyrus, the new Miley. Her life just seems so relaxing and cute nowadays. She’s with Liam again, a.k.a. my celeb crush, she’s making music again and she has tons of dogs. Why wouldn’t I want to be her?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I see myself in L.A., working for an entertainment network or being the host of a TV show. Whether that be a dating show, a singing competition, or a show like E! News, I’m down for whatever.

What’s been your favorite part about college so far? My favorite part has been all the friendships I’ve made. I’ve met so many people that have opened my mind up and have supported me. It’s a huge place with so much to offer. I’m never bored.

Ideal/perfect date? A full day in the city. Starting with a nice breakfast, shopping, and sightseeing all day, then ending with a nice dinner. Probably more than a date, but I like to dream big with this college budget my boyfriend and I deal with.

CC for Mizzou's chapter of Her Campus! I am currently a senior at the Missouri School of Journalism, specializing in magazine editing. Have a wonderful day, you! 
HC Contributer Mizzou