Spring Break: To Wax Or Not To Wax?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

It’s that time of year again. After the misery of midterms, girls sporting bright orange tans and murmurs of “those crazy teenagers” from adults all over the country. For college students this is our second Christmas, it’s spring break! It’s time to take off those sweats we sport on our way to our 8 a.m. and show some leg! But being a woman, we have a dilemma: to wax or not to wax? Such a critical question. You don’t want to meet a cute guy on the beach in Florida sporting a wooly mammoth look. Don’t worry, here’s some advice on how to show of a perfectly smooth bikini body.

Wax. There’s this great waxing center in Columbia called European Wax Center on 2703 E. Broadway. There are also 554 locations nation-wide! This place is super great for college students because it’s convenient, just in our price range and they give complimentary waxes to first time customers. The upside to waxing is that it can last up to six weeks and you won’t be left with those painful razor bumps.

Shaving. It’s is a pretty convenient way to remove unwanted hair because you can do it in the privacy of your own room. The down points to shaving is that you can knick yourself, be left with razor bumps and your hair grows back much quicker and thicker.

Bleaching. Bleaching is kind of masking the problem of removing unwanted hair. If you have dark hair, you could bleach it. Afterwards, from a certain point it looks like you have no hair, but in fact you still do.

Whichever way you use to remove unwanted hair is up to you. But just make sure you’re aware of any allergies to wax or certain types of bleaching creams.

From chicago, Illinois she's finding that being a cubs fan is a rarity. After changing her major a dozen times she's decided on Special Education and Psychology.Her hobbies include; working on her book(if she ever finishes it)crafting, playing her violin, religiously watching reruns of How I met Your Mother and loving Phi Lamb
HC Contributer Mizzou